Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Petit LeMan- Who's going
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
carr914
Petit Lemans' coming up in a few weeks. My son Jordan and I will be there. I know naro914 will be there, I suspect SGB and 914rrr will show. Who else is coming?

T.C. driving.gif
rfuerst911sc
TC I'll be there with my oldest son Pat he lives in Dahlonega Georgia. I have infield parking pass but who knows where there will be a spot!!!
carr914
Hope to see you there Rick. I'm renting a golf-cart so I can go everywhere and not have to hoof it around. I will be glad to give anybody a lift to corners if you see me. No Fat-Chicks though.

Info if anybody else wants to rent a golf-cart - Mid-Florida Golf Cars 800-385-1385 talk to Beth.

T.C.
michaelmoo
I'll be there.
904svo
I'm going to try to make it too.
Jake Raby
Be there... 10A-10B is my corner in the RV!
hydroliftin
QUOTE(carr914 @ Sep 15 2008, 07:04 AM) *

Petit Lemans' coming up in a few weeks. My son Jordan and I will be there. I know naro914 will be there, I suspect SGB and 914rrr will show. Who else is coming?

T.C. driving.gif

I'm going to be in the Atlanta area Sept. 30 - Oct. 9 on business. I plan to be at the Petit LaMan on Saturday. I'd like to meet some of the 914 faithful. Any thoughts on where to meet up?

blitZ
QUOTE(hydroliftin @ Sep 15 2008, 04:44 PM) *

I'm going to be in the Atlanta area Sept. 30 - Oct. 9 on business. I plan to be at the Petit LaMan on Saturday. I'd like to meet some of the 914 faithful. Any thoughts on where to meet up?

They had a Porsche car coral last year where some of us met up. Not sure if it's happening again this year.
914rrr
QUOTE(carr914 @ Sep 15 2008, 10:04 AM) *

T.C. driving.gif

Hey TC!

Rob and I won't be there. We have a prior commitment that weekend.

Have Fun!
Nel
carr914
QUOTE(blitZ @ Sep 15 2008, 04:46 PM) *

They had a Porsche car coral last year where some of us met up. Not sure if it's happening again this year.

The corral is happening. I won't be bringing a Porsche, so I won't be parked there. Let people see this thread for a few days so we can see how many peeps are going to be there and then we can set a time.

Nel, Sorry you and Rob won't be there.

T.C.
carr914
Scott (SGB) I see your online on the forum, you going to show. If so can I get a ride for the lap of the track with the Porsche Paddock crowd?

T.C.
SGB
I can't make it either. It's gonna be rough. I may need medication.
JFJ914
I'll be there on Sat. Be at the PCA tent and out at the corners.
naro914
As TC Said, yes I'll be there....Not sure what Porsche I'll be bringing, Huey or the 993 cab. Depends on how Huey is feeling.... smile.gif But we'll be in the Porscheplatz parking.
carr914

T.C. driving.gif

Well it's time to set a meeting spot and time. This time next week I'll be on the road heading to Petit.

I suggest we meet at the PorschePlatz Corral. Last year it was just over the bridge on the right. Last year we tried to get together right before the race started, but some of us (ME) couldn't make that as I was down on the grid. I suggest an hour or 2 into the race when things have started to settle down a little.
Any other suggestions?

Bob, I can meet you anytime in the corral to pick up my parts. I will be able to put them in my golf-cart and take them back to my car. I'll pm you my cell#

See you at the races, T.C.
naro914
QUOTE(carr914 @ Sep 25 2008, 08:01 AM) *

I suggest we meet at the PorschePlatz Corral. Last year it was just over the bridge on the right. Last year we tried to get together right before the race started, but some of us (ME) couldn't make that as I was down on the grid. I suggest an hour or 2 into the race when things have started to settle down a little.
Any other suggestions?

Bob, I can meet you anytime in the corral to pick up my parts. I will be able to put them in my golf-cart and take them back to my car. I'll pm you my cell#

I think 2 hours after the start of the race at PorschePlatz is a great time and place. I will either have Huey or our 993 cab, we'll see...
hydroliftin
QUOTE(carr914 @ Sep 25 2008, 05:01 AM) *

T.C. driving.gif

Well it's time to set a meeting spot and time. This time next week I'll be on the road heading to Petit.

Any other suggestions?

I am planning on attending Saturday and perhaps Friday afternoon. I'm out from California on business and have never seen Road America, nor the Le Man cars. I'm really looking forward to it and hope to meet up with some of you. Do I need a special pass or anything to get into the Porscheplatz? Maybe a secret hand shake.

carr914
No pass needed to walk into PorschePlatz, only needed to get a car into it and for their giveaways, etc.

You are going to enjoy Road ATLANTA (Road America is in Wisconsin), I know it was a mental/typo slip, but just had to give you some shit poke.gif . This is one of the coolest races. Nice Cars, Nice Layout, endurance race, but not crazy long. Also cars show up that have not been part of the regular series - Peugeot, Zytek Hybrid, Mazda new LMP-2 hardtop, more Astons, last year a Maserati MC-12 was there. Also at AMLS races anybody can go down to the Start/Finish straight before the race where you are right next to the cars and drivers. Good fireworks at the end of the race.

You can't tell I'm hyped Huh? driving.gif

T.C.
hydroliftin
QUOTE(carr914 @ Sep 27 2008, 06:17 AM) *

You are going to enjoy Road ATLANTA (Road America is in Wisconsin), I know it was a mental/typo slip,...

T.C.

Ooops! Yea, that's what I ment. I've never been to Atlanta and I am really looking forward to the race. This is the real deal with many of the cars that don't make it over from Europe all that often. I get to go some place new each year on business. A couple of years back,. I went to see an IRL race at Watkins Glen. What a historic place. I hope to Elkheart Lake, Mid Ohio and some of the other great tracks over time.
rfuerst911sc
I'll be driving my 83SC to the event on Saturday. I don't have a Platz parking pass so I'll just have to find someplace to park in the infield section. I'll walk over to the Platz parking area around 12:30 or so and catch up with you guys. Be warned gas has been non-existant at many Atlanta gas stations the past couple of days. Hopefully that situation will get better this coming week.
914chris
Hey TC,
You know I will be there, actually I have been here since Friday. We just finished testing Sat and Sun.
Of course I will not be able to meet up with everyone after the race starts, but maybe i will see you before or after, come by and say hi. Maybe in the winners circle.
Later "Jack"
carr914
bye1.gif Hi Jack, Long Time. I will definately stop by to see you. My buddies @ MazdaSpeed supplied my credentials as usual. Is your girl going to be around to call me a 914Geek again? My son got a kick out of that one.

T.C.
914chris
She calls me that too. She's not gonna be there this time. The Mazda coupe looks pretty good.
carr914
Just a few other days away, anybody else going?

Also checked on gas availability. Very scarce in Metro Atlanta. An hour in any direction, plenty of fuel.

So Meet-up time 12:30-1:00pm in PorschePlatz.

T.C.

This is a picture from last year. My son on the left, my buddy Rafa Matos (this years 24 Hour of Daytona Winner, 2008 Indy Lights Campeao (Champion)) and myself.

Click to view attachment
SGB
It should be awesome weather. Hope you get some touring laps. Seeing the track FROM the track really gives you the feel for the place. Its intimidating- But really fun through alot of turns.
naro914
QUOTE(SGB @ Sep 29 2008, 09:42 PM) *

It should be awesome weather. Hope you get some touring laps. Seeing the track FROM the track really gives you the feel for the place. Its intimidating- But really fun through alot of turns.

Absolutely wonderful track to drive.
Anyone want to see a few incar laps, go to my race team website
www.naroescapemotorsports.com click on Video's, and the RA 2008 is some full laps at the beginning of the PCA Club Race. I was hanging well with a few much faster cars until I had fuel pick up problems.
RA 2007 is just fun highlights from that race - to music....
carr914
I haven't raced there in years since before they re-did the section before the bridge. Man, that was a sphincter tightener.

T.C.
rfuerst911sc
Hey TC for those of us that aren't driving up until Friday can you update this thread if you here about changes in the gas shortage? I don't know what kind of mileage I'm going to get in the 911 as this will be the first long trip since installing the 46mm PMO's. I'm guessing she'll be a little thirsty biggrin.gif Thanks
SirAndy
QUOTE(carr914 @ Sep 15 2008, 06:04 AM) *

Petit Lemans' coming up in a few weeks. ... Who else is coming?

I won't be there but i hope the Flying Lizards will do well as i'm heading out to the (hopefully victory!) BBQ at the van Overbeek headquarters the weekend after the race ...
driving.gif jsharp.gif beer3.gif Andy
hydroliftin
QUOTE(rfuerst911sc @ Sep 30 2008, 04:41 PM) *

Hey TC for those of us that aren't driving up until Friday can you update this thread if you here about changes in the gas shortage? I don't know what kind of mileage I'm going to get in the 911 as this will be the first long trip since installing the 46mm PMO's. I'm guessing she'll be a little thirsty biggrin.gif Thanks

I've only been in Atlanta since Monday, so I'm no expert, but the local news reports that the main pipeline into Atlanta for gasoline is at full capacity now so regular gas is getting easier to find all the time. Now if you want premium, that's a different story.
carr914
Rick, Little change of plans as my son has an exam Thursday afternoon, so I'm not heading out until very early Friday. Hopefully Peter (hydroliftin) can keep us updated

T.C.
Jake Raby
The gas situation isn't any better.. I found one station where I could fill up my RV last night, BUT people have been waiting in line at stations all over the area at 3-4 Am all week to get a drop of gas. In the town where my shop is located we have 14 gas stations and none of them have had gas since Monday...

I am leaving for the track in a few minutes. We'll be at the terrace RV parking area at 10A/B.. Just look for the RV with the MassIVe decal on the back window...
r_towle
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Oct 1 2008, 08:22 AM) *

We'll be at the terrace RV parking area at 10A/B.. Just look for the RV with the MassIVe decal on the back window...

IT may also have a team of draft horses ties to the front....

Sorry about the odd mini gas crisis going on down there.....you have a pipeline...
We get it all in trucks up here.

Seems like yet another BS manipulation.

Rich
blitZ
I might suggest packing a few cans of gas when you come, just in case. The situation here is not getting any better.
Jake Raby
Luckily I live 20 miles from the track so I just needed fuel to run the Genny more than anything else...

Not having fuel sucks..
Jake Raby
Beth and I set up the massIVe mobile command center today at 10a/10b. Weather is great but attendance is down as of today compared to last year. See y'all Saturday!
carr914
Last Call from me, as I'm leaving in a few hours. Meet-up @ PorschePlatz 1:30ish

Hope there is gas along the way.

Look for Pictures beginning of the week.

T.C.
rfuerst911sc
I'm leaving tomorrow morning but will be staying at my sons house tomorrow night. We'll get to the track on Saturday morning and try to link up at Porsche Platz at 1:30. My son told me this morning the gas situation was getting better so good luck to all. beerchug.gif
naro914
leaving tomorrow for CMP to drop off Papa Smurf for Nadine to drive in DE Saturday, then on to Petit early Sat morn.
Zimms
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Turn 3 @ qualifying looked like an episode of the Dukes. No 01 or passenger with flaming arrows!
Zimms
Click to view attachment
Last one.
Jake Raby
Zimms,
Those are killer pics!
It was nice meeting you today!
SGB
GREAT. Oh man, I can feel those goin' by. Fabulous. I'm aching to be there. Enjoy. smile.gif
Zimms
Jake,

It was great to meet you today as well. Thanks for the compliment. Did you see the BBS aero wheels the Penske cars ran in qualifying? I want to see them up close.
914chris
i saw the aero wheels. Funny how IMSA made them illegal for the race, but let the porsches keep their qualifying positions. Just sharing the bickering I was hearing all weekend.
Zimms
I also heard that they cause brake cooling issues? I took a really high speed shot to get a better look.

Click to view attachment

I am curious, what makes them illegal? I heard several things like they were legal, but there was the cooling issue, there were illegal due to the construction method, the BBS guys completely ignoring their use and saying "What aero wheels?"

It was an interesting race. A shame so many cars went out, especially the early ones. I wanted to see BK start at least, and Highcroft had a really tough break.

I was also curious about the Pug. That seemed to not run to its potential, especially at the end. We noticed the brakes were still glowing red from turn 8 all the way up to the Mazda bridge. Not another car on the track had that issue. After watching Le Mans, I was expecting them to turn up the wick and dust the Audi's.
naro914
From what I heard about the Peugeot was it was more team effort than the car. A couple miscues in the pits compared to the well oiled machine of the Audi camp. I also noticed that they were a bit slower at night. That comes from the driver and how comfortable they are in the dark. RA is VERY dark at night. McNish is used to it and knows the track better, maybe the Peugeot boys backed off a bit? Just a thought...

Zimms...can I assume you had a photo pass to get those shots? All of mine at Turn 3 have mesh fence between me and the car...

Very nice shots!!

I have a bunch posted at http://www.naroescapemotorsports.com/Pictu...08/Petit08.html
914chris
About the Pug not getting past the audi, i think the audi got a really big start on the last yellow. there was a gt2 ferrar between the audi and pug, and the audi took off before the green. the pug could not make up the difference.
I talked with Nic Minassian after the race and that was his thought also. i also made a bet with him (10 bucks) that we (acura LMP1) would beat him next year at sebring. He was pretty confident, i'm not yet. maybe after our car runs.
Zimms
Chris - The Acura camp has been very impressive! I am looking forward to the LMP1 effort. I also want to see what else is at the table next year. It sounds like Audi will have the R15, and lots of rumors on Penske. I hope the Toyota one is true.

Naro - No pass sad.gif . It would have been nice because the other side of the track for turns 1-4 offer some great views. I took my turn 3 shots from behind the spectator fence, looking up to turn 3. You have a photo of the Penske Porsche passing the access road between 2 & 3. I was a little to the left shooting to the right, over the press guys heads. I have lots of these:

Click to view attachment

Nice shots! I like the lit up lizards and the locations you were at.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.