Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: Its OFFICIAL! LBB is for sale.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Brando
That's right! My 914 and associated parts are now for sale! This car has brought me immense fun, frustration and now hopefully some funds. I've had it for a little over 3 years now. It wasn't in perfect shape when I got it and the only real improvements would be with the engine and suspension. Function before form, as they say. I think this whole shebang would be great for someone who wants to just do some body, prep and paint, then drive. I'd do that, but just don't have the time nor drive (haha, pun) to do it at this point and time. Besides, I'd like to have another 944 (late, with A/C, more HP than a 914 stock and almost the same handling characteristics) to replace LBB (little blue beater) until I have more fluid income and time to dedicate to a fun toy.

Does this mean I'm leaving the world/club? Hells no! You's all like family to me! The friendships I've made over the past few years go beyond "just a car club". I don't plan on leaving anytime soon. I'm just "taking a break" from 914s -- not the groups smile.gif

Enough babble, here's the skinny on the car:

1975 1.8. Blue (ish) with a green door and a few rust spots. Has boat-anchor bumpers and slightly modified L-Jetronic injection. It still runs, still pulls strong (for a 1.8) and still gets nearly 30mpg cruising on the highway. 195/50/15 front tires, 195/55/15 rear tires, on Rivieras.

Exterior:
This car has seen it's share of daylight. The paint is faded, and missing in some areas. The hoods need to be stripped and repainted. The right-front fender has a small section that needs to be replaced. The left-rear quarter has been smacked (before I got the car, and once after) and should be replaced with a new one. I think I have one at Joe Sharp's and if so I'll include it with the car. The top is in decent shape, but a quick re-spray of black or even body-matching color wouldn't hurt. I have and early-style front bumper and I think a rear... I had planned to backdate for the weight savings. The exterior is what needs work. The rims could use a quick respray, too.

Body:
The body of the car isn't in too bad a shape. The bottom part of the front trunk pan could use a hole patched, the rear trunk has a few pinholes (no major ones). The longs are SOLID and straight as far as I can tell. There is only surface rust in the hell-hole. Battery tray is just remnants of what was there and the battery has been relocated to the rear trunk. Structurally this car is good (for you rust-belters)!

Suspension:
The car originally came with no suspension upgrades. No swaybars, stock rubber-bushed tie rods and a pair of bad Bilstein rear shocks. I replaced the rear shocks with Boges and installed a stock rear swaybar. The front swaybar is a 22mm adjustable weltmeister (i think). I also installed turbo tie-rods in the front, and replaced the steering rack with one from a later 3.2 Carerra.

Engine:
The engine is the stock, original, 60k miles 1.8. It still runs, drives and pulls pretty strong for a 1.8. partly due to the fact that I installed an Mallory Hyfire 6A MSD ignition, running an 035 distributor and SSI exhaust. This car scoots for what it is. The injection system has also been stripped of EGR equipment and the smog pump. It came this way when I got it. The car is exempt in CA so I didn't worry about it. The car runs much better without it anyways. There is a remote oil cooler and tuna can sump on the engine.

Interior:
The interior is what it is, for a 33 year old car. The seats could use a little work. Mainly the passenger's seat could use a recover. The headrest is self-destructing. There is a center console with working Oil Temp and Voltage gauges. The clock is unknown working/not working (I hear it, but it doesn't move). I had intended to remove the back pad and make it carpeted. Didn't happen. Door panels have been redone with some cloth material. I have more of the padding and cloth if the new owner wishes to recover them again. The tops aren't completed because I lacked the material to do those. There is a Blaupunkt radio/MP3/CD player. It has Bondo's kick panel speakers and some nice Fosgates in the doors. When driving you can still hear the radio pretty good. I'll even let the CD that's in there go with the car biggrin.gif It has 5-point harnesses with a harness bar. The old seatbelts are crap and believe me you don't want them. The gauges had LEDs in them and I also cleaned/polished the insides so they're a bit brighter than the old stock lamps.

-Extras! Extras! EXTRAS!-
I was in the process of assembling a 2056 engine for this beast. It has a Raby 9550 cam, reworked 2.0 heads (stainless valves, decked, cracks fixed, new seats, etc). Compression was calculated to be about 9.3:1 static. It would run on 91. I had planned on buying a Mallory Unilite but the 035 would have worked fine until then. I was also going to fit the L-Jetronic system onto the engine (hence the 9550 cam). This engine is short a few steps of assembly from being drive-able. It needs two time-certs on the bottom for the oil temp sender bolts. It needs rockers and the pushrods/valve geo done. I have a set of chromoly Pushrods which I also bought from Jake. All the tin, intake runners, fan housing, flywheel, etc. Some oil too!

I have a new, in box MSDS header system. Everything short of the muffler. Which, I do have a muffler. It's an all-stainless OEM DANSKE muffler from a 3.2. Left-side entry so it would have lined up CLOSE to where the header goes out. It would sound very nice with a turbo *wink nudge*.

Last but not least... the little bits. I have a replacement steering wheel (2), one has a hub. I'll post pics when I dig them out. I have the flapper boxes if you want working heat (necessary in SoCal? Think not...) And a spare steering rack. There's a few other miscellaneous bits too. I'm trying to box everything together for this car.

I'm selling everything, together, for $3500, firm. The car is ready to be driven, autocrossed and taken on fun runs. It doesn't look the best but sure drives damn good. You can use it for a restoration, or strip it and use it as a parts car... Either way you're getting alot for the price. I really, really, really don't want to sell everything in parts or pieces. I'll just end up with just a tub in my driveway (skline's driveway) and i'll still have to get rid of that! This would be a great project car

Photos will come this evening.

You can PM me here, e-mail demnogis (at) g (mail) dot (com) or leave a message at 949 433 0809. I'll call you back as I can. Thanks guys!
I would be interested in the 2056 and associated parts.

JKP
Brando
Thank you for the response but at this moment I am looking to sell everything together.

I have attached a few photos below. I can take more and supply high-high res upon request.

Thanks for looking!

Brando
Thank you for the response but at this moment I am looking to sell everything together.

I have attached a few photos below. I can take more and supply high-high res upon request.

Thanks for looking!

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
Brando
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
Brando
More...
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
Brando
Last Two:
IPB Image
IPB Image
Brando
UPDATE!

Since interest is not in the whole deal...

I'll sell stuff off individually.

Asking $1000 OBO for the car.

Engine $1500 OBO and associated engine parts.
• Tins
• Shrouds
• Heads
• Pushrods
• Flywheel
• etc etc etc...

Header is $500 non-negotiable.

Muffler is $100 OBO.

Need cash for new wheels. Thanks!

E-mail demnogis (at) g (mail) dot (com) or leave a message at 949 433 0809.
Brando
Still available! Taking offers on stuff separately.
PI2409
HI, is the 914 still for sale? checking on shipping to florida. How are the pans. could you send more picks of outside. thanks Brian 863-559-3629.
PI2409
Hey did you get my message. Brian
Brando
Sure did Brian.

Engine, header, muffler and associated parts are PENDING SALE!

Car is also PENDING SALE!

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Brando
ALL SOLD! THANKS GUYS biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.