Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What are my Webers worth?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
silvernineonefour
Click to view attachment

I bought a Weber dual 44 IDF kit from Fat Performance back in June of '01 and I never used it so I'm going to sell it. Can I get some feedback on what they're worth? I don't want to piss anybody off so I'll leave the details until I'm asked. They're on Ebay, but I won't post a link because, like I said I don't want to step on toes. I'm asking what I paid for them, but hey maybe that's not what they're worth anymore.
r_towle
im way to lazy to go search...post a link.

Rich
silvernineonefour
QUOTE(r_towle @ Sep 15 2008, 03:26 PM) *

im way to lazy to go search...post a link.

Rich

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...696112&rd=1
r_towle
Sounds like a fair advertisement.

did you put these on your car??? laugh.gif

Rich
silvernineonefour
QUOTE(r_towle @ Sep 15 2008, 03:37 PM) *

Sounds like a fair advertisement.

did you put these on your car??? laugh.gif

Rich

Hey, you know Ebay people.

I had a motorcycle dealership in Seattle once upon a time and one day I put up a sign on a bike that said,"10% Off!". A guy walks in and says,"Ten percent huh? How much is that?"
sww914
That's all the good stuff. Fair price, it would cost more now.
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(sww914 @ Sep 15 2008, 05:13 PM) *

Fair price, you may do better IF you get a few buyers in a bidding war from a lower starting bid... but that's a crap shoot.
silvernineonefour
QUOTE(Todd Enlund @ Sep 15 2008, 05:46 PM) *

Fair price, you may do better IF you get a few buyers in a bidding war from a lower starting bid... but that's a crap shoot.

Thanks guys.

I haven't checked with Fat so I don't know what they charge for their services now. All I know is the kit that Weber Carbs Direct sells doesn't appear to be as good, for the same price, but I may be wrong. I prefer the manifolds and the filter housings in the kit I have vs the others.

Also, I have no idea if the machine work done is preferential to stock carburetor bodies. Hell, they could have put one over on me, I don't know. If anyone has experience with the bored Webers vs stock please let me know.
Click to view attachment
Spoke
I just sold a used set of IDF40s with used hex bar for $400. Went in 1 day on TheSamba and Pelican. Probably could have gotten more though I'm happy with current price. Basically paid for the 1.8L engine w/SSHE + IDF40s that is going in my red 914.

No nibbles here or 914club. Your price looks good. If you haven't, try TheSamba and Pelican.
LarryR
It might just be me as I am on beer 3 now

I have never bought or jetted carbs for a 4 cyl are they set up for a 1.7 , 1.8 or 2.0?

I added them to my watch list as I might buy them if they are set up for 2.0.
rhodyguy
you might point out the manifolds are the cb talls and drilled for 3 stud or 4. if you can find it look for a stamping on on of the veturis. 32,34,36....whatever and include that info. with 32mm, "perfect for your t-4" blah, blah...drop the starting bid and just use the reserve not met. $679 for a start can be daunting. let the bidders come to the reserve.
Lavanaut
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Sep 16 2008, 07:32 AM) *

$679 for a start can be daunting. let the bidders come to the reserve.

agree.gif This is the single biggest mistake sellers make on eBay.
silvernineonefour
QUOTE(Todd Enlund @ Sep 15 2008, 05:46 PM) *

I got what I was looking for. Honestly, I wasn't looking to get a mint out of them, as I said in the beginning I wasn't sure if I was even asking a fair price. Thanks to all of you that chimed in! They sold and I got what I paid for out of them. I want to say I appreciate the way this thread made the rounds and thanks to those of you that told your customers and buddies. I think the reason they sold and quickly was because of you guys. Thanks.

On a side note, I still have one 914 and yes it's silver. Stone stock '74 2.0 w/ under 100k miles. It's my sixth and I've had it for more than ten years. I fell in love with them when I was seven because my mom had one, a '70 and I remember riding around in it and even then I thought it was cool. Yea, I'm 46 now. We lived in Portland Oregon at the time. I remember riding around one night with my dad and the left headlight went nuts! It was going up and down winking at the oncomming traffic and he couldn't figure out how to stop it. He finally unplugged something. Hey, I was seven. I didn't know what to do. I also remember that even back then it was common for other 914 owners to wave whenever they passed. Nowadays most people don't even know what it is. Draws a croud every time I drive it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.