Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: low oil preasure
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
honlude
Hello , Quick question , I have a 75 1.8 , start and runs good , after i drive for a while , maybe 30 min the oil preasure light come on at idle , i have a small leak at the one push rod tube , i did replace the sender about a month ago figuring it maybe the problem , any help would be great , (im running 5/30 oil )

IPB Image
carr914
welcome.png What RPM is your idle?

T.C.
r_towle
run 20W50...

Rich
TravisNeff
I'm with Rich on this..
Cap'n Krusty
Yup. 20w50 unless you're where it freezes on a regular basis. 5w30 is waaaaaayyyy too thin. The Cap'n
sww914
agree.gif
The oil's too thin.
r_towle
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Sep 15 2008, 09:10 PM) *

Yup. 20w50 unless you're where it freezes on a regular basis. 5w50 is waaaaaayyyy too thin. The Cap'n

Damn,
Im gonna mark my calender...it must be a holiday....

Rich
SGB
Also, I learned that the trip point is lower for the aftermarket VDO dual-pole oil pressure sender. Like 8 psi v. 5 psi for the stock one.
honlude
Thanks guys I'll try oil change first and see what happens , the sender is oem that I used
Joe Bob
"I" would run a straight weight oil. Also I would consider a heavy duty spring on the oil pressure relief valve....
Cap'n Krusty
Or you could just fix it right ....................

Good morning, Mike! The Cap'n
Joe Bob
That involved a tear down and a rebuild.....at least on my Type I.
honlude
my plans are to tear motor out over winter and redo the entire thing but I'm just nickel and diming for the next month or so till then , I have a good lead on a 2.0 core and I am leaning on going that route if the guy comes thru

dbgriffith75
my plans are to tear motor out over winter and redo the entire thing but I'm just nickel and diming for the next month or so till then , I have a good lead on a 2.0 core and I am leaning on going that route if the guy comes thru

If your contact doesn't come thru for you let me know- i have a near complete 2.0 motor that I inherited when I bought my '75 that I've been saving for spare parts in case of emergency. I believe it's set up for D-Jet FI; tho from what I understand D-Jet can easily be converted to L-Jet if needed. But now that my other motor is rebuilt I don't have much use for it, so I'd probably send it to you for a good price.

I should warn you, however, that it's not very pretty (previous owner had let it sit around for some years)... let me know if you're interested and I'll get you some pics.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.