Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for the reset button.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
klikkid3
Hi there, so I got sick of having a non operational brake warning light and that constant clicking noise when I get up to speed. The tech guide blames the reset switch on the Master Cylinder. I get underneath to hit the switch and no switch. Went back to the tech guide and it says on MC like mine the switch needs to be reset from behind. When I pulled the switch there is what looks like a plastic plunger handle that can move in and out. I went for broke and just made sure it was able to move and it does and put the switch back in. Ofcourse that didnt do it. So how do I reset the switch from behind?

Thanks
Phill
RoadGlue
Hi!

Just fully unscrew the sensor that's on the master cylinder and then screw it back in. That should reset it. smile.gif
majkos
THANK-YOU! pray.gif
been trying to figure out how to reset myself!
KELTY360
Me too! Thanks. bye1.gif
r_towle
There is a big red button right next to the master...

hard to describe....let me see if I can find a pic.......

here it is

nsr-jamie
Is that the problem with the clicking sound that never goes away?? I thought it had something to do with my Ebrake? The red light goes on and off when I use the parking brake but the clicking sound never ever stops....I am going to reset mine the next time I have it on the lift. thanks
klikkid3
Well I am glad there are others out there that this could help, sadly for me the clicking remains and the e brake light stays unlit. I have bled the front brakes but never the back. I have good brake pressure but I wonder if that would stop the clicking?
klikkid3
QUOTE(r_towle @ Sep 15 2008, 08:14 PM) *

here it is

av-943.gif Maybe its in german thats why I cant find that button.
majkos
ok, I reset the brake button, now I have a faint flashing vs bright flashing I had earlier.

is this normal?
r_towle
QUOTE(klikkid3 @ Sep 17 2008, 04:15 AM) *

QUOTE(r_towle @ Sep 15 2008, 08:14 PM) *

here it is

av-943.gif Maybe its in german thats why I cant find that button.

My bad...the button says einfach.

Rich
southernmost914
The brake warning light relay is a multi-purpose relay and is also used in your turns, hazards ect. When this relay starts to fail strange things can happen. Try a with a new relay.

Steve
majkos
That's sounds about right, I've notice I've some weird problems and 'it's all seem to be pointing to a ground issue. (Rear taillights)

I've also switch the wires around on the brake sensor, no more flashing light.
I didn't think this would solve the problem for very long, so switched back.

At least I can button up the front end and take her out for a run. driving.gif
Dave_Darling
The switch just grounds the brown/yellow (brown/white?) wire that plugs into it. The ground is provided by the brown wire that plugs into it. Switching the wires "should" not have any effect...

--DD
klikkid3
Just a quick update, so I am a little embarrassed to say but the clicking was the air catching the vinly on the dash by the defrost vent wacko.gif , dont have the foam piece for it yet. So that is solved but I still dont have the light working.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.