Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone else want a rear FG lid, too ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Korijo
He said I need to wait for another "order" for a rear lid. He does fronts, too. Possible group buy, even tho they're pretty inexpensive... idea.gif

eBay ad

anyone else ?
dbelleperc
www.gettydesign.com sell the front and rear fiberglass and Carbonfiber trunks for the 914. $499 for FG and $699 for GF.
rhaas
those lids are not made from a woven fiberglass. look at the inside of the lid. the finish would be less than desirable. The chop strand mat that they are using is so much heavier than a properly made part with weave. I have been designing and building carbon and fiberglass parts for years. I have never built any part out of chop strand mat. The only thing I use the mat for is making tooling. hope this helps.
JmuRiz
I agree, the under-side doesn't look like that great of FG work. Wasn't there some place selling GT-style FG lids (with the balsa inserts and all) recently, now those looked good. Not sure of the company though, might have been Getty. I'd love to have some of those CF lids, coooool cool.gif a little out of my price range at the moment though sad.gif
Chris914n6
HIs rear doesn't have the proper cross brace for the trunk/engine seal. Looks like racer only to me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.