Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone know about or ever used a Fish Carb?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
biosurfer1
I was reading about carbs and somehow ended up on a site that talked about Fish carbs. Seems to be a lot of info on what it is and who invented it, but not much else.

I see there was a version of it (Reece-Fish) designed to work on VW Beetle engines, which got me thinking if anyone had ever tried to use one on a 914 engine...

Does anyone know of anyone to use one and what kind of results they got??

Anyone??
veltror
There was also a Minnow-Fish carb and a Reece Fish carb. Somehow I don't think that they would be any better then a decent pair of Dellorto's...

R
SGB
no bass-fish carb?

sorry, but I HAD to. smile.gif
veltror
Hmm, is this an Americanism, I don't get it, bass-fish some sort of musical connotation or should I be thinking perch-fish, pike-fish etc... huh.gif
Cap'n Krusty
Wanna buy one? Got one sitting on the shelf .................

The Cap'n
davep
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Sep 16 2008, 07:14 AM) *

Wanna buy one? Got one sitting on the shelf .................

Never found a sucker to take it of your hands yet, huh?
Cap'n Krusty
Well I got it free ..................... Should made the guy gimme some money, too.

The Cap'n
DBCooper
QUOTE(veltror @ Sep 16 2008, 06:59 AM) *

Hmm, is this an Americanism, I don't get it, bass-fish some sort of musical connotation or should I be thinking perch-fish, pike-fish etc... huh.gif

Yes, bass = species of fish.
Mark Henry
Is it scalable?
Does it work under water?
Does it gulp fuel?
How much does it cost? Under a fin?

ws91420
I know you can tune a carb, but can you tun(e) a fish carb av-943.gif
biosurfer1
so to re-cap...i've had replies with the different versions of the carbs, an offer to sell me the carb and a whole bunch of replies with pea-brained humor....I'm definetly at the 914world! biggrin.gif drunk.gif blink.gif

original questions still waiting to be answered...
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Sep 15 2008, 11:45 PM) *

Does anyone know of anyone to use one and what kind of results they got??

Yes, someone does.
No, it's not me.

Your questions have been answered, Grasshopper...
ws91420
from what I seen in the quick search I did on them it seems they are popular w/ the Mini crowd. Single barrel so I don't think it would be good for our cars unless you can figure a linkage system to put one on every cylinder
Katmanken
I've seen a Fish carp, but never a Fish carb...

Fish paper is another story...Fish paper

Ken
gregrobbins
They were quite an item in the 60s when I was a kid. My dad had them on our cars and I believe a relative sold them. Anyway, they were supose to provide more power and better gas mileage. Probably in the same class as the Frantz oil filter. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
sww914
I like fishing but I don't like fish.
I like carbs but I don't know if I like fish carbs.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.