Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: One Cool 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
CliffBraun
Started working on prepping the car for paint today, first step was to get all that crap off the floor of the interior compartment. Having heard dry ice and a hammer was the way to go, I gave it a shot:

A view of the bottom:

IPB Image

And two of the finished job
IPB Image
IPB Image

That hellish looking stuff in the passenger side was the PO's attempt at floor repair. There were rivets!
IPB Image

Wilhelm
I got my floor pan goop off by putting an electric hotplate under the car and heating up the pan. The crap on the inside of the pans is basically tar. With a putty knife and a little heat it was no big deal to get it off.
sixgt
I used a heat gun, chisels and scrapers.
PanelBilly
I picked it off with a screw driver and a scraper. I wish I knew about using heat to soften it. It took me a long time.
PanelBilly
I picked it off with a screw driver and a scraper. I wish I knew about using heat to soften it. It took me a long time.
CliffBraun
I've never used heat to do it (first 914), but this went really quick, left no residue, and gave me some cool pics. It's did cost about $20, and I wasn't really able to get the stuff off the tunnel well. I would still suggest it as a good option, had the stuff coming up in three by four inch chunks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.