Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just signed up
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tapout
Hello from Minnesota. I recently found this site as I am starting to look at possibly purchasing a 914. I am aircooled guy...I have a 67 vw beetle, and 99 Suzuki GSF1200.

Today I am going to look at a 74 914-4 1.8L, and wondering if you guys could give me some advice as to what I should look for. Again, I am brand new to the 914 scene and just learning.

The one thing that I have read about so far is the battery tray area in the "hell hole"...look for excessive rust. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank- Kel
blitZ
Hi and welcome.png

There is a good buyers guide on the Pelican site: 914 Buyer's Guide

Also, you may find an owner in the area to help you inspect the car.

Good Luck.
watsonrx13
welcome.png and welcome to the madness.... biggrin.gif

-- Rob
PanelBilly
Do your homework before you spend any money. A few hours on this site looking at projects we've got ourselves into will help you make the decision about what you should be buying.

It may be that after you've learned about the insanity of rebuilding a rusted heap into a car again, you choose to join the group that throws away money bring back the dead.

It may be that you decide to get the best car for the buck and just drive it for fun.

Both groups live here and support each other's fancies.

iamchappy
Kel, I am in Minnetonka let me know if you need some help.
Gustl
welcome.png ... from far, far away biggrin.gif
SGB
WELCOME to the psych ward. smile.gif
jc914

welcome.png
914rrr
welcome.png
Ian Stott
Read all you can before you buy, it will save you a bundle and some heartache. I have one that I can drive around while restoring, that is where you want to start if you can. I waited a long time to get to the driving around stage and this club has been the best resource you could ever hope for. Welcome and good luck.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
tapout
Thanks to all for the warm welcome, and advice. I look forward to the new journey.
SGB
It will be fun! Got any pics of that Beetle? smile.gif
welcome.png to the insanity. and good luck with your first purchase. i would recommend since your new to the 914 scene, dont buy a 914 thats a really really big project car, or one that has major rust problems, electrical. i would stick with something that runs and drives and go from there, thats what a buddy of mine did, eddie, he sold his 914 to mark, eddie is more of a bug guy and got way in over his head
tapout
iamchappy,

Thanks for the offer. Are there any 914 get togethers, runs, shows, club meetings in the Cities that a future 914 owner could attend? -Kel
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.