Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Speaker Enclosures
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
maf914
I ordered a pair of kick-panel speaker enclosures from Morphenspectra and they arrived last week. If anyone is considering a pair I'd say go for it. The quality is very good. Nice fiberglass work and very sturdy. The finish is smooth and shot with matt black paint. I think I will refinish with a satin black.

The speaker openings are not cut, so I assume you use the template that typically comes with speakers for that.

I'm not sure what type cutting tool I should use to cut the fiberglass. Does anyone have a suggestion? Would a fine blade in an electric jig saw work? idea.gif Should you cut from the front or back to avoid splintering?

Mike
Aaron Cox
i too still need to cut mine. ill use a dremel spiral saw tool.
onrails
making a template & using the dremel would work great.
the jig saw would be fine too. you would want to cut from the back, all of the chips would not be seen that way.
good luck!
BRIAN
mikester
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

seriously.
morph
i used to use a jig saw untill i started doing high volume them i started using a 5" hole saw alot faster. i screw a 2x4 to a table to make them stable for cutting.then i screw the port to to the 2x4
maf914
Morphenspectra, Thanks for the suggestions. I don't have a 5" hole saw in my tool box, though. sad.gif I guess it might be jig saw time. sawzall-smiley.gif

Acox914, what type Dremel bit are you refering to when you say "spiral saw tool". I have a Dremel tool with assorted bits. Is it the small circular saw bit?

Mike
banderson
search http://www.mcmaster.com/ for 3979A34

Just got some for an unrelated job. They work great but might be a little hard to cut a straight line. They are pioleted at the end so if you could afix a round object on the back side (coffee can) of the right size, you could follow it around.

Mcmaster is awesome clap56.gif
Aaron Cox
looks alot like a drill bit. very coarse pitch on it. does great jobs cutting through plastics and related products. think "roto-zip"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.