Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Domestic Carpet Type
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scoobykvn
I am getting ready to purchase and interior carpet set for my car and I am looking for opinions. I was going to just get the cheaper ebay carpet set and am wondering if I should get the loop or cut pile carpet set. Which one wears quicker? Which one looks better installed? Is the loop worth the extra money for just a summer fun car?
HeloMech
there was just a post on here somewhere about this very thing. Get the loop. I've had both and the loop is much better. If you're getting it from Morph, I think it's only like a $40-$50 difference in cost. Charcoal loop with the black foot pad and trim... woowoo!
McMark
agree.gif Loop'd be better.
nsr-jamie
I saw those kits too and was wondering what to order, I think loop is more original looking, but kind of what to get something a bit more plush....is the pile soft or plush? The carpet is so bad in my car I have no idea anymore....I was thinking of going with black too instead of the grey
number6
QUOTE(McMark @ Sep 17 2008, 09:18 PM) *

agree.gif Loop'd be better.

agree.gif

I've always gotten mine from James @ 914ap.com and have never been disappointed. I think loop looks better, wears better, and in charcoal grey, hides dirt well, so you don't have to constantly be vacuuming, especially if you have a dog. My only suggestion is to ask James to place the vinyl heel piece a little closer to the edge of the accelerator pedal, as per the original kit, because otherwise your heel catches uncomfortably (at least if you're a smaller guy like me).

For the best installation, I recommend taking your time to mold the carpet to the recessed handbrake area and around the center tunnel, otherwise it just looks sloppy.
number6
Oh, don't forget to order the right kit for your year! The passenger floor piece is different size between early and late cars.
HeloMech
The loop is way nicer. To me, the cut loop or plush, whatever, is more like the generic carpet you get on a roll at pepboys. I mean, it's tailored to your car and all, but still... get the loop. You'll be a lot happier.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.