Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Anyone know any history on this 914?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
celluloid3
Hi all-
I am looking to buy my first 914 and this looks almost too good, but in todays economy maybe its luck... Thanks...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...:EF:MOTORS:1123

there is a 914 on ebay that looks good, too good for the price almost. And the car was just purchased last month and now the buyer is trying to sell it. Can anyone chime in?
MM

Joe Bob
Buyer's remorse....I sold a near perfect car for 14K.....the guy got it home and said to himself....WTF....I can't afford this.....
cgnj
Hi,

Two words, salvage title.

Carlos

celluloid3
what problems am I going to encounter with a "salvage title"?
sorry for such a noob question. Will I not be able to title it in my
home state or get insurance?

elswick
read the comments on the ebay listing, there is alot said about the car also check and see if it is a salvaged title. it was in a major accident it sounds like. Might be a good deal if it is not a salvage title
Joe Bob
QUOTE(celluloid3 @ Sep 17 2008, 06:25 PM) *

Some Insurance companies won't insure a a salvaged vehicle beyond liability. Be advised that farting on the upholstery can cause a total on these cars. After all...they are just a VW in most people's eyes.
tronporsche
QUOTE(mikez @ Sep 17 2008, 09:22 PM) *

QUOTE(celluloid3 @ Sep 17 2008, 06:25 PM) *

Some Insurance companies won't insure a a salvaged vehicle beyond liability. Be advised that farting on the upholstery can cause a total on these cars. After all...they are just a VW in most people's eyes.
laugh.gif Mike, you are too much !!
tronporsche
If you can get to the car, I would tell the owner I want to buy it for his price if he is willing to drive it to a shop and let your mechanic take a look at it first, because of salvage title, ....if you feel uncomfortable, but want to buy it.
celluloid3
Decided to pass on that car, too many issues. Somebody else bought it.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(celluloid3 @ Sep 18 2008, 06:57 PM) *

I see it sold. You could have asked for a PPI from someone in Huntington Beach. There are several of us in the area and would be glad to look at the car.
celluloid3
Thanks I'll keep that in mind when I find another one that I'm interested in...

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Sep 20 2008, 09:46 AM) *

QUOTE(celluloid3 @ Sep 18 2008, 06:57 PM) *

I see it sold. You could have asked for a PPI from someone in Huntington Beach. There are several of us in the area and would be glad to look at the car.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.