Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What type of Rims are these?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jesiv
Does anyone know what type of rims these are? My friend has a set he wants to sell (he got these with his 911 but doesn't know anything about them) the rims any ideas what and how much they are worth?

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

James

Click to view attachment
carr914
Gotti's for sure. 100% sure

T.C.
carr914
Depending on the condition of all the wheels, they are worth $100 to $250 apiece.

T.C.
jesiv
Wow that was quick! Thanks!

Regards,

James
LowGT
I had a set of 4 lug Gotti wheels on my 74 914. They were cool, only set I've ever seen. I bought them from another member here.
Kirmizi
Like these?
Mike
mskala
Somebody around here on craigslist has been trying for a while to sell a Gotti set like those, only white centers. At $750 now.
Zundfolge
Are you sure those are actual Gotti wheels and not Gotti nockoffs?

That doesn't look like the Gotti logo (that star with the trail sort of like the "The More You Know" PSA logo, and it looks like they say SSA on the spoke opposite the star).

EDIT

Ok, after a bit more research that's 55A and apparently there are some Gotti wheels with the star logo. At least this image I found is labled Gotti
http://www.nceuromotorsports.com/gallery2/...1-1/gotti11.jpg and looks like the same star logo on it.

A couple other pics
http://www.nceuromotorsports.com/gallery2/...3-1/gotti12.jpg
http://www.nceuromotorsports.com/gallery2/...gottiafter1.jpg

EDIT EDIT
Ok, more research ... not Gotti but instead Etoile
Found a thread on the Pelican forum http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread....threadid=206127
pic from the thread
IPB Image

Apparently Etoile was a wheel manufacturer that may have been bought by Gotti or bought Gotti(?) Info is sketchy at best on Google. That Pelican thread is the most info I could find.
carr914
These are the Gotti's I have that sale pending.

T.C.

Click to view attachment
carr914
Goggle is your friend.

Your Gotti's are still available new from gbsalpine.com

Over $425 apiece

T.C.

Click to view attachment
Zundfolge
QUOTE(carr914 @ Sep 18 2008, 09:16 AM) *

Your Gotti's are still available new from gbsalpine.com

Over $425 apiece

Except the wheels jesiv posted about are NOT actual Gotti wheels and therefore aren't worth as much (at least not according to the discussion over on the Pelican forum).
jd74914
His wheel has different stamping than the Etoile. His has 2 stamps on paddles, the ad you cite has 3. The Gotti shown in the thread has the same 2 paddle stamps.

Disclaimer: I don't know anything about the wheels, the above is simply an unbiased observation.
carr914
But, Etiolle = Gotti as does Ronal.

I was not saying that the wheels are worth $425 apiece, just that they are still available as are the individual parts (ie the seal)

And don't believe everything that goes on over at Pelican. Too many members that think they know everything about everything, but really don't know squat. Other members take some minutia and it becomes the truth.

T.C.
Zundfolge
QUOTE(jd74914 @ Sep 18 2008, 09:40 AM) *

His wheel has different stamping than the Etoile. His has 2 stamps on paddles, the ad you cite has 3. The Gotti shown in the thread has the same 2 paddle stamps.

Disclaimer: I don't know anything about the wheels, the above is simply an unbiased observation.

Except that one of the stamps is clearly the Etoile logo (as seen in the black and white ad).

I'll agree that the Pelican forum can't be considered the definitive source on anything (no forum can) however the Etoile ad that was posted there (that I re-posted here) is enough proof for me that the wheels jesiv posted about are indeed Etoiles and not Gottis.

That said, I have no way of knowing if that makes them better, worse or the same quality and as such more or less valuable and I only assumed less valuable because of the statement made by RickM over on the Pelican forum so take that for what its worth (I don't know Rick, so I don't know how good a source he is).
Todd Enlund
One more "opinion"... they are Etoile wheels. My first thought when I saw the picture was Gottis, but they are clearly Etoiles. Same wheel... Gotti made them first, then Etoile. I'm not sure if they made it as far as Ronal.

I would expect that Etoiles would be worth slightly less than Gottis. Either way, they are a nice set of wheels with a period look. I remember drooling over some very high end cars with Gottis on them as a kid... BMW M1 among them.
carr914
But it's not like Gotti's are worth a fortune, especially compared to Fuchs.

T.C.
Zundfolge
No, but they look like they could be lighter than Fuchs.

And if there's any life left in those Comp T/A R1s, WIN!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.