Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sway Bars
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
defianty
Hi guys, Been meaning to ask this for a long time...

I was under the impression that front and rear sway bars were standard on the '73 2.0L, is that correct?

And if that's the case why hasn't my '73 2.0L got them? biggrin.gif No fitting points, nothing.

I'll point out at this stage my car was manufactured in August '72, VIN 00045

TIA
jsayre914
I had the same question a while back. My 73 came with the front, looks original but no mount for the rear. dry.gif
blitZ
This is from the PP buyers guide.

Sway bars were optional in most years, and it's usually quite uncommon to find a car with them installed. The can be added later on but it can take some time and patience, as well as a little welding.
rjames
Sway bars were optional in most years, and it's usually quite uncommon to find a car with them installed. The can be added later on but it can take some time and patience, as well as a little welding.

IMHO they are one of the best upgrades for the $ you can do with your car. Even a plain ol' stock bar will add HUGE improvements in the way your car handles. You'll wonder how they could have sold these cars without 'em.
dlee6204
agree.gif
orange914
QUOTE(rjames @ Sep 18 2008, 12:45 PM) *

IMHO they are one of the best upgrades for the $ you can do with your car. Even a plain ol' stock bar will add HUGE improvements in the way your car handles. You'll wonder how they could have sold these cars without 'em.

i put them the front only my early 73 (1.7) and agree.gif it's a huge improvement.

by the way i've been researching the early 73 group (first 1000)

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...c=61696&hl=

any input you have i'd appreciate. if theres any help i can contribute let me know

mike beerchug.gif
orange914
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Sep 18 2008, 12:37 PM) *

I had the same question a while back. My 73 came with the front, looks original but no mount for the rear. dry.gif

i may be wrong but i think they came front only also
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.