Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOLD 1974 914 6 conversion roller
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
boxstr
SOLD new paint (beautiful and done right - trim, mouldings, etc pulled; a job like this is easily $3K+)
+ new front-mounted oil cooler ($2,091.84 parts & installation!)
+ new stitched dash $500+
+ new door panels $275
+ newly-upholstered leather seats $$
+ new momo sport steering wheel
+ fresh carpet
+ deposit box console
+ new windshield ($425 by otto's)
+ good chrome bumpers & bumper pads (front bumper holes filled in!)
+ fog grilles
+ new rennshift performance shifter (~$1,000 for shifter & linkage components, etc)
+ california desert car - no rust
+ 1974 - no DEQ
+ clean title
+ upgraded oil temp/gas gauge combo
+ new speaker boxes (914ap)
+ 5-lug conversion ($2K+)
+ 16x7 fuchs in excellent shape $$
+ new performance tires $685.45
+ konis
+ turbo tie rods
+ excellent brakes - 19mm master cylinder
+ euro lenses w/ proper front turnsignal setup
+ new, upgraded fuse box (modern blade fuses; light up when blown)
+ this 914 is ready for 6! **available motor mount** this is a project car that needs your motor + no rust in the trunks, floors or engine area
call Craig at 503-799-5794 or go to www.camp914.com priced at $8500 OBO
number6
Just a quick note: If you're eyeing this car but want to spend less $ and/or don't want all the goodies (like oil cooler, rennshift, leather seats, stitched dash, or whatever), we can work something out. This is a beautiful car that is completely ready for your 6. Please call Craig with any questions.
carr914
Duc, if it goes without the RennShifter, let me know.

T.C.
number6
QUOTE(carr914 @ Sep 25 2008, 05:43 PM) *

T.C.

Roger that, TC.
greenie
I said it before..this is a lot of car for the $$$s
Root_Werks
If anyone has any questions about the roller let me know. Since I pulled the drive train out I can fill in a little info if needed. This car is also ready to accept a 4cyl if you want. Either way, it's ready for an engine. Heck, might even be a good V8 swap since the oil cooler was installed in the front. idea.gif
number6
If you don't need/want the full package...

- $400 for rennshift & linkage
- $500 for oil cooler & thermostat (plumbing will be left intact)
- $1000 for the interior
- $1000 for the wheels & tires
- $1000 for bumpers, bumper pads, front valance, fog grilles, driving lights
- $350 for side mirrors, turn signal assemblies & lenses
number6
Won't someone give this great car a new home and get her back on the road? If no takers, she gets parted out next week sad.gif

If someone steps up and buys the car at $8500, as originally advertised, before the end of this weekend, I'll sweeten the deal further by including:
+ side-shift transmission
+ quick-six motor mount
+ headers (for 6-cyl)
+ triad performance exhaust (for 6-cyl)
+ optima red-top battery

WOW!

More photos here:
http://www.camp914.com/cars/blue9-16-08.html

(She's actually much cleaner and just needs a washing and wipe-down in the trunks and engine compartment.)
Gint
idea.gif

Where's the oil tank? Is there a transaxle included?

Put another way, is it literally ready for just a motor install and go? driving.gif

I probably missed it, but if this car is so nice, why did the motor that was in it, come out of it? And as long as I've come this far, who actually owns it? Clear title? State currently titled in?

You never know what I might drop everything for and buy. wink.gif
number6
QUOTE(Gint @ Oct 30 2008, 05:21 PM) *

idea.gif

Where's the oil tank? Is there a transaxle included?

Put another way, is it literally ready for just a motor install and go? driving.gif

I probably missed it, but if this car is so nice, why did the motor that was in it, come out of it? And as long as I've come this far, who actually owns it? Clear title? State currently titled in?

You never know what I might drop everything for and buy. wink.gif

Hi Gint. The oil tank and Patrick Motorsports 3.2 that was in the car is now in my car smile.gif

It was a tough call between this car and mine, but, in the end, I went w/ the car that has served me so well for all these years. Just couldn't bear to let her go. So Dan Root made the swap for me. There's even a thread:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=87701

As offered above, if you take the car at the asking price of $8500, it comes with all the extras, including transmission, headers, exhaust, even Optima battery! But no oil tank. You'll need that, the engine, and a hi-torque starter, and you should be good to go.

Yes, clean and clear title. I'm the owner. Bought it in California. Have not transferred the title yet, since I didn't anticipate taking this long to sell. Was just going to do a re-assignment.

The car is really nice. And rust-free! Please see original post for list of the major goodies. One certainly can't build this car for the money being asked.

Let me know if you have any other questions. You can also talk to Craig, as the car is up at Camp.

-duc

** I wanted to mention also that if a buyer wants to go 4-cylinder on this car, I have a 115hp L-jet 2.0 for sale:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=89519
Gint
Thanks for the clarification. I had seen the garage thread on the conversion a few weeks back but hadn't read all of it until today so I didn't know what was what. If you find any of these questions inappropriate for your classified ad, just say the world and I'll make any correction necessary. It occurs to me though that this may also help other potential buyers besides myself. I'm just shopping at the moment, but this looks like it might be a great addition to my collection. laugh.gif Wait 'til I tell my wife. blink.gif

Hi Gint. The oil tank and Patrick Motorsports 3.2 that was in the car is now in my car smile.gif

It was a tough call between this car and mine, but, in the end, I went w/ the car that has served me so well for all these years. Just couldn't bear to let her go. So Dan Root made the swap for me. There's even a thread:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=87701

Gotchya. Makes perfect sense now.

As offered above, if you take the car at the asking price of $8500, it comes with all the extras, including transmission, headers, exhaust, even Optima battery! But no oil tank. You'll need that, the engine, and a hi-torque starter, and you should be good to go.

Headers are what brand? Muffler is a Triad or I thought I saw a stocker unit in the conversion thread with a crack? Transaxle a standard /4 unit with /4 gearing? If not, what gears or is a /6 unit, etc...

Yes, clean and clear title. I'm the owner. Bought it in California. Have not transferred the title yet, since I didn't anticipate taking this long to sell. Was just going to do a re-assignment.

Is the previous owner (whoever's name is on the title that is) still available in the event of DMV/title/paperwork/legal issues? Are the CA plates current? Have a registration slip?

The car is really nice. And rust-free! Please see original post for list of the major goodies. One certainly can't build this car for the money being asked.

Let me know if you have any other questions. You can also talk to Craig, as the car is up at Camp.

-duc

Looks pretty sweet for sure. I don't *need* another 914, but I"m definitely kickin this one around. Transportation costs would be a bear, but I could use a test mule for a couple of motors I have laying around here. I don't have an extra oil tank laying around though...

Couple more random q's:

What are the details on the
**available motor mount**
Brand, cost, etc...

Real Fuchs or falsies?

Rear fender lips rolled, cut, stretched or...? Do they look good? Done before repaint, etc...
number6
Thanks for the clarification. I had seen the garage thread on the conversion a few weeks back but hadn't read all of it until today so I didn't know what was what. If you find any of these questions inappropriate for your classified ad, just say the world and I'll make any correction necessary. It occurs to me though that this may also help other potential buyers besides myself. I'm just shopping at the moment, but this looks like it might be a great addition to my collection. laugh.gif Wait 'til I tell my wife. blink.gif

First, Gint, you DON'T tell your wife. You "surprise" her. It's much more romantic wink.gif

Headers are what brand? Muffler is a Triad or I thought I saw a stocker unit in the conversion thread with a crack? Transaxle a standard /4 unit with /4 gearing? If not, what gears or is a /6 unit, etc...

I don't know what brand headers. They came on the blue car. I haven't even measured them, but I'm assuming 1 5/8" OD (Craig can help confirm, since they are up at Camp). I'm actually keeping the banana-style muffler as a temporary until I order an M&K replacement. The Triad is what is being offered in the special bundle; it is essentially brand new (on the car about 200 miles). I've decided I don't want to cut up my NOS rear valance; plus, I want things just a tad quieter. Yes, /4 tranny w/ stock gears, from my '75 car (it needs a guide tube but is otherwise in great shape).

Is the previous owner (whoever's name is on the title that is) still available in the event of DMV/title/paperwork/legal issues? Are the CA plates current? Have a registration slip?

Yup, PO is around and available for contact. I believe the CA plates are still current. I believe the regis slip is in the glovebox. Don't you just need the title? That's all our DMV here asks for.

Looks pretty sweet for sure. I don't *need* another 914, but I"m definitely kickin this one around. Transportation costs would be a bear, but I could use a test mule for a couple of motors I have laying around here. I don't have an extra oil tank laying around though...

Between needs and wants, wants wins. And you *want* this car! wink.gif
I don't think transport will be all that much. Plus, Craig may be able to hook you up with a good deal. I see several oil tanks in the classifieds section - maybe they're still available?

What are the details on the
**available motor mount**
Brand, cost, etc...

The mount is modified from /4 bar. That was what the blue car had. The PO bought it off eBay, I believe. I went with the RJ mount for my car, so this is available.

Real Fuchs or falsies?

Real, of course! If knock-offs, I would've definitely said so. I'm not a fan of the falsies.

Rear fender lips rolled, cut, stretched or...? Do they look good? Done before repaint, etc...

Rear fender lips rolled, and fenders stretched ever so slightly. Looks stock. Yes, looks good! Yes, done before repaint. Speaking of, the paint was done right, with trim removed and door jams done, etc. The only piece left on and masked off for painting was the quarter glass on the 2 doors. I have a friend who owns a body shop, so I've learned to be critical about paintwork, and this one looks great! Please note that the rear trunk lid is fiberglass. It's light (and kinda expensive, so you should be able to sell it if you want) but if I ran the car, I would put a metal trunk back. The fiberglass has a little wave in it. I don't think most people will be able to tell. I'm just retentive, so I notice these things. Panel gaps are all good. Headlight gaps could use a little tweaking, but isn't this the case w/ all but the few lucky 914s? Door glass could use a little tweaking/adjustment as well. Now I'm just nitpicking!

Let me know if you have any other questions.

You know you *want* this car! smile.gif

-duc
number6
I am looking for a complete 3.6L DME injection system...
So perhaps someone wants to trade me?
Let's talk! smile.gif
number6
PRICE REDUCTION: $7,000 for the roller as originally advertised!
Any takers before she gets parted out??
bfrymire
QUOTE(number6 @ Nov 10 2008, 05:59 PM) *

PRICE REDUCTION: $7,000 for the roller as originally advertised!
Any takers before she gets parted out??

Nice looking car. Too bad I already bought one last year for my new project! Otherwise, I would jump on this one. smile.gif

-- brett
rjames
Wow, this thread has been viewed 1,969 times. I guess others like myself keep looking at this car and droolilng. Wish I had the funds, best of luck on the sale. I hope it stays a whole care and doesn't get parted out.
Zimms
agree.gif
JRust
QUOTE(number6 @ Oct 30 2008, 05:51 AM) *

- $1000 for the interior

Is the rennshift the linkage all the way to the tranny? Is that stock linkage or the with the rennshift? Or rennshift all the way back? If it's all renshift I'll take it if your willing to part with it. Thanks & l'll PM you too-Jamie
boxstr
QUOTE(JRust @ Nov 21 2008, 06:23 PM) *

- $1000 for the interior

Is the rennshift the linkage all the way to the tranny? Is that stock linkage or the with the rennshift? Or rennshift all the way back? If it's all renshift I'll take it if your willing to part with it. Thanks & l'll PM you too-Jamie

blink.gif HUH. Okay JR PM me.
CCL
computers4kids

If Jamie, changes his mind, I'll take the Renshifter and linkage for $400.
burton73
“As offered above, if you take the car at the asking price of $8500, it comes with all the extras, including transmission, headers, exhaust, even Optima battery! But no oil tank. You'll need that, the engine, and a hi-torque starter, and you should be good to go.”

“PRICE REDUCTION: $7,000 for the roller as originally advertised!
Any takers before she gets parted out??”

Hate to be dense, but is this still the same with headers and exhaust parts. What was the 5-lug suspension from your yellow car you switched out?

Bob
number6
QUOTE(burton73 @ Nov 22 2008, 08:35 PM) *

“As offered above, if you take the car at the asking price of $8500, it comes with all the extras, including transmission, headers, exhaust, even Optima battery! But no oil tank. You'll need that, the engine, and a hi-torque starter, and you should be good to go.”

Hate to be dense, but is this still the same with headers and exhaust parts. What was the 5-lug suspension from your yellow car you switched out?

Bob

Hi Bob. Our buyer flaked out, so the car is available again, though my plan is to begin parting her out early next week. To answer your questions:

No, the $7000 offer was/is for everything as first posted (very fist post of this thread). I can't bundle all the extras you're inquiring about at that price (but can at $8500 smile.gif ), as I'll be losing way too much money, not when parting the car out will net me quite a bit more $. I'm sure you'll agree that $7K for what is being offered is a heck of a deal - a paint job like what the car has alone would set you back $3K easy! Plus, she's super solid/rust-free, so you'll save a fortune, much heartache/frustration, and time that would otherwise come with sorting out a poor car.

This roller has stock 914-4 brakes, rotors, and hubs (drilled for 5-lug). 19mm master cylinder. Performance springs with yellow Konis. Turbo tie rods. All in great shape, including bushings.

-duc
number6
QUOTE(burton73 @ Nov 22 2008, 08:35 PM) *

Bob

Bob, having slept on this, I would really like to find the car a good home - she's way too nice to get parted out! So...I can do $7400 for the "extras" package MINUS the headers. (The "extras" being: side-shift transmission, quick-six motor mount, Triad performance exhaust for 914-6 (almost new - just a few hundred miles), and Optima battery.) With headers (for 914-6), $7,775. Thanks.

-duc
boxstr
Last bump before deconstruction.....CCL
6freak
QUOTE(computers4kids @ Nov 22 2008, 04:57 PM) *

I still cant believe there going to part that beautiful car ..I think if they lower the price they may get some bites .. 7k is just to much for a car you cant start and drive away.......like we all say you cant get what you put into it ...JMO no disrespect to anyone ..Ijust hate seeing that car get stripped
carr914
QUOTE(computers4kids @ Nov 22 2008, 07:57 PM) *

QUOTE(number6 @ Sep 25 2008, 08:23 PM) *

T.C.

Roger that, TC.

Guys, I believe I asked about the Rennshifter way before you.

I still hope that Duc & Craig can sell this as a whole car. It's too nice to part out.

T.C.
number6
QUOTE(carr914 @ Dec 1 2008, 11:06 AM) *

QUOTE(computers4kids @ Nov 22 2008, 07:57 PM) *

QUOTE(number6 @ Sep 25 2008, 08:23 PM) *

T.C.

Roger that, TC.

Guys, I believe I asked about the Rennshifter way before you.

I still hope that Duc & Craig can sell this as a whole car. It's too nice to part out.

T.C.

You did, TC, and I haven't forgotten smile.gif

Yes, it's a shame that no one has bought the car. We've been putting off the dreaded deconstruction for almost 2 months now, but I'm afraid the time has come. It'll be sometime this week. Going to give the 914 universe a couple more days to maybe do its work.

If it comes apart, it'll be sad, but I have to do it, as this project has dragged on way too long. I need to clear my plate.

-duc
number6
QUOTE(6freak @ Dec 1 2008, 06:35 AM) *

I still cant believe there going to part that beautiful car ..I think if they lower the price they may get some bites .. 7k is just to much for a car you cant start and drive away.......like we all say you cant get what you put into it ...JMO no disrespect to anyone ..Ijust hate seeing that car get stripped

I don't think this is a fair statement. It's one thing to say you don't think the car should be parted out, but it's another to say it's over-priced. Not all rollers are created equal. You don't even have to pull out a calculator to see that a lot of good/new part$$$ and lots of $$ went into the build. Why should we give it away? If it was your car, would you?? The fact of the matter is: There's demand for the goodies, and every piece of the car will find a good home, while bringing thousands more than the already low asking price for the complete pkg. The car is not an original time capsule or other historic icon that absolutely needs preservation. She'll be reborn either way. If someone was truly interested, all they have to do is step up and seriously talk to us. If it's budgetary, we can always keep some parts or swap a few things around.
6freak
QUOTE(number6 @ Dec 1 2008, 01:38 PM) *

I don't think this is a fair statement. It's one thing to say you don't think the car should be parted out, but it's another to say it's over-priced. Not all rollers are created equal. You don't even have to pull out a calculator to see that a lot of good/new part$$$ and lots of $$ went into the build. Why should we give it away? If it was your car, would you?? The fact of the matter is: There's demand for the goodies, and every piece of the car will find a good home, while bringing thousands more than the already low asking price for the complete pkg. The car is not an original time capsule or other historic icon that absolutely needs preservation. She'll be reborn either way. If someone was truly interested, all they have to do is step up and seriously talk to us. If it's budgetary, we can always keep some parts or swap a few things around.

I know .I know I know ..just dont want to see it stripped its a nice car
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(number6 @ Dec 1 2008, 01:38 PM) *

7k is absolutely worth it for someone who wants to do a six conversion. The best part is whoever wants to buy this can chose the engine THEY want in there and not have to dealwith what the PO wanted. This car is built well and well worth it ....to the right buyer.

I hope they come along for you Duc. It would be too bad topart this car out but you have to do what you have to do.
computers4kids
Why not throw it on ebay with a reserve...you can't loose. This car is beautiful and ebay will give it a pretty wide market exposure. Believe or not, not everyone knows about this non club. If if doesn't sell, at least you'll have some bids to negotiate with or a clear direction whether to part it or not.
Worth a try.

OK...Renshift is sold, how about a deal on the Optima? laugh.gif
Good Luck,
Mark
iamchappy
I dont understand how you can think that you will get what you want out of it by parting it out. Not to mention the time and cost to do that. I'm not saying your wrong, just surprising to me..
number6
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Dec 3 2008, 11:53 AM) *

I dont understand how you can think that you will get what you want out of it by parting it out. Not to mention the time and cost to do that. I'm not saying your wrong, just surprising to me..

Chappy, all you have to do is start adding up all the parts, and you'll be surprised. Bumpers (good ones fetch good $$), bumper tops, Fuchs, door panels, leather seats, stitched dash, Euro lenses, oil cooler/thermostat, Rennshift, instrument cluster, Momo steering wheel/adapter hub/horn button (it seems silly, but the horn buttons fetch good money!), speaker pods, headers, transmission, fog grilles, mirrors, door handles, weatherseals, turn signal assemblies, 5-lug conversion, suspension components...the little stuff add up quick! And then there's also the left-over shell, freshly painted with new windshield, completely rust-free and super solid, which is worth a couple thousand...

This approach only makes sense if the car is very nice, with good parts that are desirable on their own. I've done this several times before, so I speak from experience. I tell ya, after two-plus months of being low-balled and jerked around on a very nice car that is fairly priced, parting out will be cake...and cathartic! smile.gif
iamchappy
K, I love the car and i have always had an eye for Olympic Blue. I wish i could afford it but i would have to part out my Turbo car to do it...... biggrin.gif
number6
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Dec 3 2008, 06:16 PM) *

K, I love the car and i have always had an eye for Olympic Blue. I wish i could afford it but i would have to part out my Turbo car to do it...... biggrin.gif

I was going to say I'd take your turbo motor as trade! wink.gif

Yeah, I love Olympic Blue on the 914. Now that I have storage, I may just keep the shell. Just don't need all the other goodies.
number6
Car, slightly stripped down, has found a new home! I'll be posting available goodies for sale under the parts section in the next couple days.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.