Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Campagnolo Wheels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pillay2k
I just bought some campagnolo wheels in Itay, have no idea what they look like on a 914. Any pics out there?
Are they rare? (they are 14x6)

Thanks,

Fab

IPB Image
Joe Bob
Only seen them in pics. Never heard anything more. Might want to check the backspace before buying tires.
Ferg
They show up On Bowlsby's site, not sure if they are 4x130 though...

http://members.rennlist.com/914_collectibles/zRareDoc28.jpg

Ferg
veltror
I recently saw a set on ebay, the same ones?
pillay2k
Yeah, they are the ones. Listed as 4x130 and have original stickers on. Thought they might be a bit of a bargin and should look good detailed.

IPB Image

veltror
My mate had some on his Fulvia...
Zundfolge
Is that the same Campagnolo that makes bicycle parts?

A bike mechanic friend of mine used to comment that Campagnolo rear derailleurs are polished at the factory with the panties of angels. (he's an odd one ... but he's in his forties and fixes bicycles for a living, what do you expect?)

Ferg
QUOTE(Zundfolge @ Sep 18 2008, 01:00 PM) *

Is that the same Campagnolo that makes bicycle parts?

A bike mechanic friend of mine used to comment that Campagnolo rear derailleurs are polished at the factory with the panties of angels. (he's an odd one ... but he's in his forties and fixes bicycles for a living, what do you expect?)

laugh.gif That's awesome, because it's true! aktion035.gif
Zundfolge
Here, I photoshopped the campies onto a 914.

I like it!Click to view attachment
pillay2k
That looks awesome!

Thanks.
Ferg
Make sure you get a "tall" enough tire, 14's on a 914, with low profile tires will look silly. I've seen 14 fuchs, on a 914, with 70 something sidewalls and it looked good, very period correct.

Ferg
rjames
I like 'em. They give the impression that the car is moving even though it's parked. And in a very cool way, not a spinner-rim-dorky kinda way. biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
Campagnolo is known for extreme quaility. I have several thousand dollars worth of their bicycle parts that were given to me as payment for being the medical support staff for the annual Race Across AMerica or RAAM a few years back... I believe your eccentric friend may be correct. I see definate signs of angel panty polishing on the parts they gave me...
I have seen other models of Campy wheels on 914s but never that one. Nice. I like it.
scotty b
Campy's were factory wheel on a olot of Alfas, Fiats, and Abarth used them almost exclusivly. BMW Alpine Silver is an almost exact factory match for the paint if you need to refinish them.
byndbad914
And Panteras as well. The Campis look different for them but they are the wheel of choice for a Pantera IMO.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.