Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Does someone have a crying towel?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
computers4kids
For the past four years I poured a lot of love into this little car, but the day had come to let it go! bye1.gif This project got me back into 914s red914.jpg ...since my very first one when I was 21 which I had to sell for the downpayment on a house. Quite a few 914s have come and gone through my garage in the last four years, but this one always remained. It was a blast to drive and held a special significance to me. At least when I decided to sell it...the process was quick. I was fortunate to find a buyer immediately at GAF and he didn't quibble at all about the price. In today's economy, that's pretty amazing!

Now what? confused24.gif My v-8 teener project I'm sure will be a blast, but it will never take the place of this one.
JRust
You total baby! Big stinkin deal! It's just a crappy little VW av-943.gif

Seriously though that sell is a tough one. Any car you have really poured your soul into working on over years. That is tough to say goodbye. Hopefully it is going to a fellow teener who will appreciatte all your hard work! At least you have a nice chunk of change to ease the pain biggrin.gif
TedK
??? You sold it at the Ventura GAF and its going to Indiana?
blitZ
Nice car. I hope that Bummer doesn't fall on it.
computers4kids
QUOTE(TedK @ Sep 18 2008, 07:24 PM) *

Yup! Buyer had flown out to look over the cars...ended-up making a deal the first hour I was there. Transport came today to take it back to Indiana, which cost him another $950.
watsonrx13
I know how you feel, I too sold my teener, that I had been working for the last 5 yrs, earlier this year. I'm currently working on it's identical twin and hope to have it licensed by the end of next month. It's great that you have another one to work on....

-- Rob
carr914
It's nice not quibble over the price of our cars.

My last 914 purchase, previous perspectives tried to chisle the price down, which only upset the owner.

I paid his price and am very satisfied. No hurt feelings and a good friendship developed.

T.C.
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(TedK @ Sep 18 2008, 07:24 PM) *

Isn't that where all the rust lives? sad.gif V8? smile.gif
PanelBilly
If you look at the car as a baby, think of it this way.
Your baby has grown up and married into another family. If you have been a good parent and raised the child correctly, it will go on to be the kind of car you will be proud to have known.
rigglet
I'm going to have to keep an eye open for this little number. I live in Westfield, IN which is the next town over from Carmel. I'll make sure the new owner treats this baby the way it should be treated. If not, I will go and take it for myself. happy11.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.