Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I can almost smell the paint
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PanelBilly
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
I know I'm insane. I spent every night this week detailing the trunks. Last weekend I coated them in filler/primer and now they are all sanded. I figured this would be the last thing I needed to do before painting.

The finish on the inner wheelwells isn't as smooth as the outside body, but its been sanded with 320 and it feels gooood to me. The hardest area to work was under the dash in the front trunk. I ended up putting on gloves because i got tired of banging my hands into all the parts that stuck out.

The area under the headlights it still untouched. I just can't figure out what to do with it. I've vacumed and used to blower to clean out the dust and it looks clean, but I know I need to wipe it down with some solvent/degreaser before I try to spray paint in there.

Anybody have some advise on how to deal with this area?
jasons
Looks good! What surfacing products did you use? Did you use a polyester spray like SlickSand?
PanelBilly
Mipa, I think. There's a corvette shop accross the street from me and the owner got mad at his paint dealer and wanted everything that said Mipa OUT OF HIS SHOP. I got a gallon for FREE. I ended up buying another gallon, but I saved about $100
tdgray
Go man GO!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.