Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT - Hey Mseiferth!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Greg
I got your PM but couldn't figure out how to reply. I understand your the E28 SIG contact for the PNWBMW club and I've been meaning to send you a note to say howdy. Attached is a so-so picture of my E28.
Kargeek
Nice car...I miss my E28- it was number 32 of the 1200odd US M5 version built with the S38 four valve motor. Sold it and bought a E34 M5.
DNHunt
Spent last Saturday hanging out with the E28 guys. They had a party to drink beer and change the big rubber bushing that helps connect the rear subframe to the chassis. Nasty job which they approached kinda like we would with curses and a BFH. Fun to watch other people struggle with their cars. One interesting thing they did was buy 1 proprietary press from BMW and then get together and share it (pretty good idea). It looks like these are nice cars that are pretty reasonable.

The reason Kevin and I were there was because three of them went together and bought (really they stold it cheap) a 914/6 conversion for a track car. It's rough but probably will be fun for them. While we were there the showed up with front and rear fiberglass decks and a 916 front bumper all for $250. They bought the hoods and bumper from some guy down in Olympia with a pisspot full of 914's in barn. They mentioned his name but neither Kevin or I knew him. Anyway these guys have done pretty well for themselves.

Dave
mseiferth
Greg, send me an email mark_seiferth@comcast.com and we can chat...

You can also give me a call. 253-265-1380
mseiferth
QUOTE(DNHunt @ Feb 5 2004, 03:58 PM)
While we were there the showed up with front and rear fiberglass decks and a 916 front bumper all for $250. They bought the hoods and bumper from some guy down in Olympia with a pisspot full of 914's in barn. They mentioned his name but neither Kevin or I knew him.

Steve Barnes is the guy. He is an IRDC member and races a 914/6.

He works a Boeing and does fiberglass molds in his spare time...
rick 918-S
I have a E28 in storage out in the country. Needs a head gasket. I have a hopped up E10. I just sold my Frankenstien E12. And I have a E36 M3.
rhodyguy
with my hearing and all the noise i thought they were saying "Z28". wacko.gif . interesting cars. the group fills the new rear mounts with poly-urithane?, they showed where the old ones fail. a pretty cool trick. sort of makes the mounts semi solid. they were doing 5 cars that day.

kevin
crash914
I think that we need a seperate technical list for guys that have 914's and drive bmw's!!!!!!

My daily driver right now is a 1979 320i E21......Fun in the snow!!

herb
Kargeek
I've been driving Bimmers since 1980. I still have my 74 2002. Great cars- every one has a quality of performance and balance. Maybe we ought to start a thread "show us your daily driver". Mine is a '92 M5 bought it two years ago with 13,000 origional miles- best thing about it is this...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.