Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel line replacement?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
william harris
icon14.gif OK, I thought of something else I might want to do now that the car is basically totally disassembled. How do you guys feel about replacing the plastic fuel lines that run from the front "fire wall" to the engine compartment thru the passenger compartment. Mind you, my car has no fuel tank, no interior, no engine and transmission, no wiring harness - hell its just a tub. I have removed the access panel and can see the two lines running down the middle of the car. Also, does someone make up the replacements in stainless steel? Might as well do this now. Ideas, experiences?
Dave_Darling
Nope, never been done before. rolleyes.gif

http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/9...e_gas_lines.htm

biggrin.gif

BTW, the funky things Wayne used at the firewall eventually did start leaking, I believe. You may want to go to rubber hoses for that bend (bending the tubing that tight is probably a bad idea) and then back to SS for the rest of the run into the engine bay. A little weird, I know, but it ought to work.

Or you can come up with a different 90-degree bend fitting that works better.

--DD
campbellcj
I'm getting ready to redo my fuel lines as well. Planning to use AN-6 braided lines from at least the engine firewall up to the carbs, and ideally the whole way back from the fuel cell...but I am not sure what awaits me in replacing the plastic tubing in the tunnel and maybe the braided line is not the best solution for the tunnel section?
F4i
I ran 5/16 Al lines from the firewall to the front. I used -6 fittings and -6 90 deg elbows at the firewall. I will try and post a pic tomorrow.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.