Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another -6 heading to Europe
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
carr914
WOW, $7,500 Buy-it-Now on eBay for a -6 with NO Motor, NO Tranny, NO Wheels, parts missing (motor mount, exhaust, headlight, etc) and a couple boxes of trivial parts.

Car's new owner needs to find appriotiate correct parts, have the car shipped to Europe, do Full Restoration. He's going to deep into this one. Good Luck.

T.C.

Click to view attachment

dr914@autoatlanta.com
sixes have absolutely gone nuts! The two we had just sold to germany and to the netherlands.
Root_Werks
It's like they're going home? sad.gif
TedK
They just keep getting rarer here in the US. I've seen half a dozen leave the country via eBay in the last year.
carr914
I don't want them to go back home, but it is making mine rarer and more valuable.

T.C.
So.Cal.914
It's kinda sad... sad.gif It's becoming harder & harder to catch a glimpse of a real one on the road.
mel reckling
It's said 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder', but this looks like a pile of rubbish to me.

driving.gif

johannes
The buyer may have a six sitting in his garage with no tittle ... Value=0 ...
Gustl
I'm sure next year it's an other "914-6 GT" dry.gif

hcdmueller
That is not far off the wrecked original six I saw on German ebay a few months ago that sold for a few thousand euro. That VIN is probably going on another chassis for a quick resale over here for 30K+ euro. I think it was Gustl who said that was not uncommon over here.
carr914
I think and hope this will be saved, and not just a VIN swap. It just was alot of coin for a car that was missing so much.

T.C.
T H O M A S
i looked at the car in ventura,vin# 9141430277,very nice lady selling the car, had all the paperwork,needs a lot of work,original silver car
Thomas,
Can you give us the details on the six.....
T H O M A S
car was not bad rustwise,but it needed al the fenders replaced,some interior was shot ,no engine or transmission,had two cookie cutters and two fake fuchs,longs, hellhole and the batterie tray where ok,front and rear trank are good,no windshielpost vin#,all the other vin# where there
gms
Anyone have the item number on eBay?
More pictures?
Gustl
QUOTE(gms @ Sep 23 2008, 07:13 PM) *

Anyone have the item number on eBay?

QUOTE(gms @ Sep 23 2008, 07:13 PM) *

More pictures?

on eBay biggrin.gif
turboman808
Give it a 5 years and the economy will bounce back and theres will be in the shitter and we can buy back all there cool cars.

Not sure that will really happen but if it does I am getting a jag D-Type
Wes V
I saw that car at the Ventura show, which I think is where the photo was taken.

My guess is that the only thing that is really going to europe is the VIN number. Maybe a couple items specific to a -6 car, if there are any there. It was a big pile of trash.

Wes Vann
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.