Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Unknown wires
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
eldiosyeldiablo
What is this for? It is not connected to anything.

Thanks again.

I'm replacing the Engine Harness and FI with the ones that Jeff B. makes. The new ones are great!!
Check out http://www.my914.net/Porsche/my914/wires_and_vacs/
look at the Engine harness directory. You may not be able to see in the pics but almost every wire has cracks in it. Wires with out ends. Etc.
URY914
Oil temp, that is the famous taco plate under that sludge pile.
Kargeek
Whats wrong with that picture? Is that plastic flap hanging down off the bulkhead that promotes engine compartment air flow on backwards? DH
URY914
I think the flap is right.
eldiosyeldiablo
That explains why the temp guage was not reading anything. LOL

beerchug.gif

Guess I should have sprayed water under the car first. I promise I was just going to replaces the FI and Engine harness then drive it and clean it. honest.

-David
JeffBowlsby
I think I sent you a new oil temp wire David... wink.gif

It connects to the main body wiring harness under under the battery at the upper side of the engine tin. Green/black striped wire.

Get it steam cleaned...it will be like a new car under there...

JB
eldiosyeldiablo
ha!! I was looking at a wire under the battery tray that does not have an end crimped on it.
So that's the other end.

Thx laugh.gif

-David beer.gif
fiid
Where is a good place to get a car steam cleaned in the bay area?? Mine aint that bad, but I'm tired of cleaning stuff!

Fiid.
JeffBowlsby
Threr are two places in San Jose, just look in the yellow pages under....steam cleaning....

Lots of mechanics use them for their customers cars and they usually work Saturdays.

If you slect a Saturday, do it after the next 9:14 Breakfast? Betcha Rich B can turn you on to one in Redwood City.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.