Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Intake plenium removal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
eldiosyeldiablo
Is this in the Hayes Manual? I'm not happy with the index system in the book. sad.gif

I've got the throttle body off since I saw blue sealent peaking out from the edges. Now I need to take off the paper gasket that is currently on the plenum.

I was thinking of taking off the plenium (spelling?) and pulling out my good ole metal sanding discs (from 3M) to get rid of the gasket.

Can I take it out by just loosing the retaining clips from the hoses on the intake manifolds? I guess I'll have to replace those to also.

Wee.

Thx,
David
Dave_Darling
I usually pull the intake runner pipes off of at least one side, though you may not have to. You will have to remove the grounding point at the back of the crankcase seam, and at least one of the bolts for the engine tin. Both of those also serve to hold the plenum onto the crankcase. Unhook the throttle cable, of course. Unplug the Temp Sensor I (intake air temp), plus the Cold Start Valve. Pull the vacuum hoses from it. And I think that was all there was to it.

As for excess RTV, it's probably easier just to rub it off with your fingers than sand it off. Your shop-vac could be a very handy thing to use in either case, though!

--DD
eldiosyeldiablo
Do the intake runners have to be replaced? Or just look at them and see if they are cracked?

Thanks Dave
Brad Roberts
You need new boots for the runners. They are not supposed to have hose clamps on them.

B
eldiosyeldiablo
Crap. Nothing on this car is suppose to have clamps.
swood
Kinda like what I just did.

(Ignore the clamp on the hose, it's just the old one.)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.