Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Outside Rear View Mirror
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
dempwolf@pctribe.com
My exterior rear view mirror is black plastic, was that what came on the Europena '72 '6 cars or was it the standard chrome mirror you see in the attached image. Thanks for the help. Karl
Lavanaut
Never black plastic. Just like the one in your pic.
dempwolf@pctribe.com
I bought a set for $90 bucks ea on e-bay. Was told they were the real deal, I'll let you know.
dempwolf@pctribe.com
Yup the mirrors came look just like the one advertised on e-bay, invoice is from Auto Atlanta. KD
dempwolf@pctribe.com
Yup the mirrors came look just like the one advertised on e-bay, invoice is from Auto Atlanta. KD
Pat Garvey
Stainless - Yes!

Plastin - NO!
Pat
Johny Blackstain
If they're black plastic & have a real OEM part number on them, then they're off of a late 70's Scirocco, Rabitt or Dasher. However, I'm not sure if 924s' came w/ them.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Oct 6 2008, 10:21 AM) *

If they're black plastic & have a real OEM part number on them, then they're off of a late 70's Scirocco, Rabitt or Dasher. However, I'm not sure if 924s' came w/ them.

Nope, 924's did not come with them - FWIW
euro911
I've read and heard that all OEM S/S passenger-side mirrors are really driver-side mirrors - turned upside down ...

Fact or Fiction? unsure.gif
Gustl
as for the housing - correct

but the passenger side mirror has sphere glass

bye1.gif Gustl
johannes
and the right one is cheaper ...
euro911
Someone gave me a an OEM mirror but the glass was broken. I thought about replacing with regular mirrored glass, but now I'm thinking I'll try to find the 'spherical' glass - thanks biggrin.gif
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(euro911 @ Oct 11 2008, 12:55 PM) *

Someone gave me a an OEM mirror but the glass was broken. I thought about replacing with regular mirrored glass, but now I'm thinking I'll try to find the 'spherical' glass - thanks biggrin.gif

Where the heck do you find something like that?!
euro911
My first attempt will be a local automotive glass shop.

If that doesn't pan out, I guess I'll have to get a passenger-side mirror off of a car at a boneyard, and have it cut down to size confused24.gif

I'll let you know what happens ... shades.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.