Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel Pressure Regulator. Missing Screw
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
eldiosyeldiablo
It has these numbers on it... I thought the 2.0's have an adjuster screw on it.

0 280 160 200

VW Symbol then 022 906 035

I don't know if the fuel pressure is correct or not. Need to get a tester and find out.

-David
Brad Roberts
Yep. Wrong one. You need all new fuel line also (metric and not sae) ditch the crappy hose clamps while your at it.

B
garyh
Didn't you buy this car from a list member?

Seems you finding a lot of "wrong" parts on it.

G.
eldiosyeldiablo
Brad, do you have a "no clamps" macro set on your computer? laugh.gif

Gary, yes you are correct.

-David
type47
that's a L-jet fuel pressure regulator
garyh
This bothers me for two reasons:

1) I'm not correct all that often.

2) A list member would sell a car to another list member with an LJet FPR on a DJET?

QUOTE(eldiosyeldiablo @ Feb 6 2004, 05:31 AM)

Gary, yes you are correct.

-David

EMail me. I've got a coffee can full of the "correct" fuel line clamps, and a know-good regulator.
Brad Roberts
David, after seeing 914's on fire a few blocks from the shop while they where trying to make it to the shop...after being told NOT to drive the car.. YEP. Only use the proper clamps. The kind that dont dig into the lines.

Sorry for this headache. Gary's car is looking better every day.

B
swood
Which are the correct clamps? I have mostly the original stock ones, but a few like in the picture above.
Brad Roberts
The stock ones are smooth sided and dont have the little windows.

B
Brad Roberts
I quickly pulled out a fuel pump and installed those two clamps (shya right...LOL)

My pic collection is sic.

B
swood
Well...You are the man!!

Thanks dude.

By the way, I was checking out my fuel lines, contemplating replacement, and they are really nice and pliable. But I'm sure I'll convince myself to take the tank out yet again, and do the deed of going to steel. I have the steel lines already anyway. Just need to figure out the bubble flare for the ends.
JFJ914
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Feb 7 2004, 11:51 AM)
The stock ones are smooth sided and dont have the little windows.

B

The one that Brad has pictured as "proper" is the original fabric covered line clamp. These clamps were replaced by a similar clamp with rounded edges during the HO recall. The available clamp from Porsche is P/N 999 512 255 02. The smooth 7mm FI hose is N 020 281 1. You also want new preformed Injector elbows, 043 133 387.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.