Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: bumper tops
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tat2dphreak
I'm sure I missed the group buy, or whatever may have came by, but does anyone have the link to the source to buy the fiberglass bumper tops? I need both, bad...
jd74914
http://www.carlrudolph.com/index.html
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(jd74914 @ Sep 22 2008, 03:34 PM) *

AWESOME!! beer.gif thanks! smilie_pokal.gif
jd74914
No problem. Hopefully they can help you out. smile.gif

Having never seen a pair, if you get some could you post up some comments on the quality for other perspective customers?
jim_hoyland
Seen a few of these too:

http://www.bedrisersales.com/rearbumper.html

and

http://www.bedrisersales.com/frontbumper.html

They used to have specials for fron and rear together....
carr914
I have seen a pair in person. They were OK. I just wish they had incorperated the seam indent .

T.C.
arvcube
those carl rudolph ones don't look that bad....think they'd do a group buy for the cheap bastards like myself?
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(arvcube @ Sep 22 2008, 07:38 PM) *

those carl rudolph ones don't look that bad....think they'd do a group buy for the cheap bastards like myself?

Take the lead, man!
arvcube
QUOTE(Todd Enlund @ Sep 22 2008, 10:14 PM) *

QUOTE(arvcube @ Sep 22 2008, 07:38 PM) *

Take the lead, man!

Ok dude. I just sent an email to them inquiring about a possible group purchase. I've never initiated one before. We"ll see what happens!
shelby/914
I would be interested in a set if there was a group buy. I'm doing a backdate on my '76 and have a set of very very used ones, so either one of these would be better.
monkeyboy
I would be interested as well. Both of mine are shot, and these look like a better solution then replacing the foam ones.
watsonrx13
When you find out about the group buy, also see what the difference would be for shipping, as it appears that there are several members from around the country that would be interested, including me in FL....

-- Rob
Richard Casto
I would be in for a group buy of a Carl Rudolph front/rear set.
rigglet
Count me in for a front/rear set if we are able to get a group buy going. My original front is in good shape, but my back is completely shot.
arvcube
Well, I received a response from Carl. Nice guy, however, it doesn't look like a group buy will be happening any time soon. Production costs are going up and the current economic situation isn't helping. He even mentioned that they don't expect to be able to maintain the current pricing and anticipate a price increase in the near future. We all may want to order some up before this happens...sorry guys..
bembry
Any updates on the fiberglass bumper pads from Carl Rudolph? How's the fit? If they fit well, I need to get a pair. In don't want to have to drill to make them fit though.
biggy72
QUOTE(arvcube @ Sep 25 2008, 06:22 PM) *

Well, I received a response from Carl. Nice guy, however, it doesn't look like a group buy will be happening any time soon. Production costs are going up and the current economic situation isn't helping. He even mentioned that they don't expect to be able to maintain the current pricing and anticipate a price increase in the near future. We all may want to order some up before this happens...sorry guys..

Sounds like he's getting greedy to me. The expensive parts of those bumper tops are the tooling and the labor, once it's all figured out it really shouldn't be very expensive. they don't use very much fiberglass, resin, or bagging material if he even vacuum bags them. Shipping will go up, but that's not the price of the part. It looks like the price of resin went up a little bit, but not much. I don't know when I'm going to do it yet, but if the price goes up much I'm just going to make a set myself that look like the originals. Mine are really messed up so we'll see how good of a mold I can get off of them.
arvcube
QUOTE(biggy72 @ Nov 2 2008, 09:57 AM) *

Sounds like he's getting greedy to me. The expensive parts of those bumper tops are the tooling and the labor, once it's all figured out it really shouldn't be very expensive. they don't use very much fiberglass, resin, or bagging material if he even vacuum bags them. Shipping will go up, but that's not the price of the part. It looks like the price of resin went up a little bit, but not much. I don't know when I'm going to do it yet, but if the price goes up much I'm just going to make a set myself that look like the originals. Mine are really messed up so we'll see how good of a mold I can get off of them.

well biggy, if and when you make yours, maybe your boud do a few more. I'm sure there are plenty of folk that would be interested...me being one of them biggrin.gif
chris914
Is there anyone else out there that does fiberglass parts that would do a group buy if more people would say yes?
6freak
QUOTE(rigglet @ Sep 25 2008, 11:25 AM) *

Count me in for a front/rear set if we are able to get a group buy going. My original front is in good shape, but my back is completely shot.

DITTO....I`m in
southernmost914
I'm in for a front one.

Steve
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.