Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCA OCR wants to change the date.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
JoeSharp
They have an A/X on the 6th of June and would like us to move the date to theirs. We are still talking about it and we are trying to set up drivers training on Saturday the 5th. We loose the 3 day weekend, but we get an A/X.
proto31
I like the idea of an auto cross, but I wonder if the majority would really like to go auto crossing? I'm not too sure that everyone's going to want to take their nice cars out on the track knowing that they may have to drive a good distance home afterwards... What about setting up a pole to see what everyone thinks? Would Elliot drive his car in the AX?

Dan
G e o r g e
Joe

I think the addition of a track event will enhance the turnout

we could still plan a Fri drive

and have an alternate Sat drive for those who wish to skip the drivers training

and maybe even "early" check-in on Thurs

when is their event in April what if we move it up a month?
Elliot Cannon
We need to decide on a date real soon. All those who received a flier think it will be over Memorial Day and may have already started making plans for that date. Past WCRs have shown it doesn't necessarily require a 3 day weekend to make a WCR a 3 day event.
proto31
Are we any closer to setting a firm date? Joe if you need any help sorting this out let me know. We need a date so we can choose hotels and then start working on the route for our drive.

Dan
dw914er
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Sep 27 2008, 12:22 PM) *

We need to decide on a date real soon. All those who received a flier think it will be over Memorial Day and may have already started making plans for that date. Past WCRs have shown it doesn't necessarily require a 3 day weekend to make a WCR a 3 day event.

I agree. we need a date. I searched through both RCR and OCR pca, and they dont have a detailed calender yet. I like the memorial weekend idea, and maybe we can plan a auto-x and track event with the extra day. the only scoop though with that date is extra traffic, and the orange/riverside/los angeles/san diego counties will have pretty bad traffic.
G e o r g e
Mr jsharp.gif

Is there any update? dates? location? Art work?

Elliot where are we staying?

Thomas where are we driving?

Mark what do the awards look like?

when are we going to get together to chowtime.gif I mean plan a little more on this shindig?

JoeSharp
I'm having a "Q" on the 8th. Lets get together then.
euro911
QUOTE(George H. @ Oct 27 2008, 05:46 PM) *
... Mark what do the awards look like? ...
Sorry, I've had a full plate for the passed couple of months, so nothing concrete yet, George ... just some fleeting ideas ...

I asked Bruce Stone if he could supply me with a set of 'P O R S C H E' letters and a '1.8' emblem ... maybe he can supply a 2.0 and 1.7 if he's got any spares poke.gif

I'll need to start digging around for some engine parts, etc. for my other ideas.
G e o r g e
QUOTE(euro911 @ Oct 28 2008, 11:41 PM) *

QUOTE(George H. @ Oct 27 2008, 05:46 PM) *
... Mark what do the awards look like? ...
Sorry, I've had a full plate for the passed couple of months, so nothing concrete yet, George ... just some fleeting ideas ...

I asked Bruce Stone if he could supply me with a set of 'P O R S C H E' letters and a '1.8' emblem ... maybe he can supply a 2.0 and 1.7 if he's got any spares poke.gif

I'll need to start digging around for some engine parts, etc. for my other ideas.

I was really just trying to get us talking about this again

no pressure from me

your engine looks nice by the way
JoeSharp
I have a 2.0 and something else but I can't remember what it is and you can have them for this.
euro911
Keep whatever you find someplace handy ... I'll pick them up on the 8th. shades.gif

Looks and actual performance are two different things George headbang.gif
G e o r g e
So was anything decided at the festivities last weekend?

we need a date biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.