Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: After market coil attachment
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
swood
The rubber band is just temporary...really. The coil is too small for the stock bracket which is cool. The new bracket doesnt fit the same way.
swood
Sdgf
Joseph Mills
Is that a Mallory dizzy? If it is, are you using a Mallory CD box also?
swood
Yup
garyh
QUOTE(swood @ Feb 5 2004, 08:48 PM)
The rubber band is just temporary...really. The coil is too small for the stock bracket which is cool. The new bracket doesnt fit the same way.

Inner tube.

Wrap the coil with a 2" wide strip until it's large enough to be held by the old clamp.

I actually use bug weather stripping, which is just a wide flat strip.
914ghost
My 3/4 engine tin has two weld-nuts that the stock blue-coil bracket bolts onto. It would be just to the right of the distributor, right behind where it says ZUNDFOLGE 1-4-3-2 ...Seems factory...dont they all have this?
Kargeek
My 3/4 engine tin has two weld-nuts that the stock blue-coil bracket bolts onto. It would be just to the right of the distributor, right behind where it says ZUNDFOLGE 1-4-3-2 ...Seems factory...dont they all have this?

I mounted mine there and for my CD ignition box, I made a sheet metal bracket and hung it inder the relay box...it's out of the way. Dave
maf914
Kargeek,

Nice looking engine compartment.

What kind of breather box is that and where did you get it? I have an old VW-style CB Performance type that I really don't care for.

Also, what are you using for those right-angle breather fittings?
Kargeek
My breather box is an aftermarket VW type. It had ribs on the top- I milled them off so the top was flat. You can also grind them off with a belt sander. I mounted the box using a cut down 1.7 heater fan mount. The right angle breather fittings are also VW - don't know where I got them- I may have a few in my stash bins if you need some. Dave Hall
fiid
I took a 1" length of 2" copper drainage pipe, cut a quarter inch out of it lenghways (so it looks like a C shape) - slid it over the new coil, and then used the stock clamp. Works like a charm. Don't overtighten the stock clamp because the sheetmetal can tear (Damn PO).

Fiid.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.