Full Version: The Gulf blue car is born
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PanelBilly
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Finely some color!
It took me alot longer to paint than I thought it would. Tonight I plan on touching up all the places I missed.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
FABULOUS color!!!! Now orange neg stripes???

QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Sep 23 2008, 07:51 AM) *

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Finely some color!
It took me alot longer to paint than I thought it would. Tonight I plan on touching up all the places I missed.

VaccaRabite
I love that color.

Wear goggles. The paint particulates will enter your body through your eyes. bad juujuu.

Zach
So.Cal.914
I have been thinking about the same color with some additions. Yours is going to look Very Cool. I did this pic to see if I could live with these colors. It will be easy to find in a full parking lot. biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment

brer
Nice work!
veltror
Did you see the German Gulf car on my Mittelmotor thread?
PanelBilly
QUOTE(veltror @ Sep 23 2008, 01:40 PM) *

Did you see the German Gulf car on my Mittelmotor thread?

Yes, I did. I've had a photo that someone else posted on my computer as the desktop screen for 6 months. I went round and round on color and until the last minute I could have changed my mind. The guy who helps me with the paint work says the color looks dirty. I just think it is the right vintage color for the age of the car.

Tonight I'm back to work on it. I may need to slip out of work soon and get a head start.
thomasotten
Ah memories...
slow914
Looks great, and it really is a bitch to get in all those corners, even harder to get good texture with clear everywhere without running the hell out of it, which brings me to my next question, are you spraying single stage or base/clear if base/clear be aware that base needs clear over it within 48 hours to still be good

aaaand for god sakes, you are wearing a dust mask, get your charcoal filter out, glasses may be overkill and block your sight but dude you need the charcoal filters for your 3m respirator, notice the smell? that's a problem hahaha
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.