Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914/6? Maybe a lucky find?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
McMark
No affiliation of course.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/pts/848075607.html

Helping my attorney clear a estate...there are 3 cars in a garage and a ton of parts....2-3 extra porsche motors......bring a trailer and a truck......(BIG TRAILER) Mike 510-909-2393
Justinp71
Go check it out and let us know! biggrin.gif
Jeffs9146
OK here is the scoop on this one!

Wow......I wish I had the space and time for this car!!

4702906629 Chassis
L60E Paint Code
1529509 Trunk

Original Paint
Not a sign of rust "ANYWHERE"!!!!!!! piratenanner.gif
Very Very Very clean body
Stored and not registered since 1981 (owner died, PM me for more details)
3 motors 2 with three bolt intakes and 1 with 4 bolt intakes and all computers
Lots of extra parts but I could not find the Trany

$1500 for everything and two VW Rabbits with extra engine

This is the cleanest "rust free" 1970 chassis that I have ever seen which has not been restored!

The guy wants everything gone by this weekend but is firm on the price. If you only want the 914 and parts it will be $1500 because it will cost him that much to have the VW's hauled off!

Jeffs9146
More
Jeffs9146
More
Dr Evil
Gaaaaaahhhhh! Why must I live over here sad.gif
McMark
Wow, I didn't realize that the early cars didn't have an engine bay sound pad. This was a worthwhile thread! cool.gif

Thanks for checking it out Jeff.
Gint
QUOTE(McMark @ Sep 23 2008, 09:50 PM) *

Wow, I didn't realize that the early cars didn't have an engine bay sound pad. This was a worthwhile thread! cool.gif

Thanks for checking it out Jeff.
I did. My silver 72 one owner (2 technically counting me) didn't have one either.

Somebody needs to snag up this pile a bits. If I lived close I'd be over there with cash in hand. I'd even take the rabbits. I've been shopping for one sorta kinda...
Jeffs9146
I am still thinking that I will pick it up tomorrow if no one wants to save it. The problem is I will be taking the fenders and parts to fix my 6 rusty spots and I hate to mess with such a nice body!
Gint
Get some pics of the bunnies Jeff?
Jeffs9146
pics of the bunnies

I will assume you mean the "body" of this car! confused24.gif

Both "bunnies" are strait but need lots and lots of everything!!

They are not worth much of anything unless you are looking for a full restoration!

BWDIK (But What Do I Know)

Jeff
Gint
The Rabbits man the Rabbits! Water pumpers!
Jeffs9146
The Rabbits man the Rabbits! Water pumpers!

I just reread your post and edited my response but you beat me too it!

LarryR
Thanks Man, I just talked to Mike and bought the whole deal! I figure that one is quite a bit better than the one I am working on and will recoup some investment by selling off the other 2 cars.

Larry
sixnotfour
Nice buy, the 914 that is.
I had just PM'd Jeff not to cut it up.
Jeffs9146
No problem I just hung up with him and he thanked me for helping him sell it! I wish I had bought it but it is too clean to cut up!!!

Let me know if you cut up some of your cars and you can throw me a few pieces!!

beerchug.gif
LarryR
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Sep 23 2008, 09:44 PM) *

No problem I just hung up with him and he thanked me for helping him sell it! I wish I had bought it but it is too clean to cut up!!!

Let me know if you cut up some of your cars and you can throw me a few pieces!!

beerchug.gif

Hey Jeff,

your pics were all I needed to seal the deal. I will be getting rid of my 72 and some parts so I would make you a deal or free in some instances. I love that dark forest green!

Thanks for the pics! i cant wait to get that one running. I probably would have spent that much fixing the rust on mine.

Larry
Jeffs9146
I probably would have spent that much fixing the rust on mine.

Thats what I thought so I just couldn't be selfish even though it was a once in a lifetime find!

I hope that someday it may come back to me somehow but it is better than cutting it up!!

davep
That appears to be a fantastic restoration project.
The engine should be in the W0039000 to W0041000 range.
BTW, I need transmission #'s from as many 70 & 71 cars (with VIN's) as possible since I have very few in my database. I can't hope to guess at a number for this car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.