Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another one bites the dust
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Malmz
Say what you will about the Boxster (Mikie!), but the S is pretty damn fun. Jay just got his 2001 w/ 25k miles delivered today and I beat it up a little on a test drive. Could only do a couple gears in the industrial area our office is in, but it scoots and sticks. Yea, I have already told him it's a chick car a bunch of times!

This also means his solid 74 914 must go. Details in the classifieds.

My buyer for Sasquatch is on his way from Kentucky. He was in TX this afternoon and is trying to get here sometime tomorrow night. The little monster should be on it's way East sometime next week if all goes as planned.

Still need to cut up Jay's red parts car (been slacking...) and decide what to do with the Ex-Mueller, Ex-Malm, now Jay's Blue widebody 74 roller...

Still need to sell my Dakota and loose my Jeep and then my reorganization will be done for now.

sm
Sammy
I've said it many times, as soon as the boxsters get cheeeep enough I'll make a dedicated track car out of one. Completely gutted with fiberglass parts it should be easy to get the weight down to a respectable level. I figure a 2300 pound boxster should be mucho fun to drive. Maybe I'm a little optomistic on the weight target but you get the point, right?
kafermeister
QUOTE(Malmz @ Feb 6 2004, 02:33 AM)
My buyer for Sasquatch is on his way from Kentucky.

....Is the buyer from KY or driving through KY? Trying to figure out if I'm going to see another 914 on the road in my area. smilie_pokal.gif

Rick
Malmz
I believe his in in KY. Not sure how he found my car, either web-browsing, the V8 board, or here.

I do know this is his first 914. He has been into bikes but got into a wreck at some point.

sm
Joe Bob
I sincerely doubt the boxster will ever get to 2300 lbs and still be street legal....it's a fat pig....but at least it IS a mid engine.

As to it being a chick car.....they DO make a more masculine version.....problem is, MOST are tiptronic coffee latte machines driven by cell phone toting weasels dicks.....

I HAVE seen a VERY few driven very well at San Diego driver events.....so, it's gonna take a LOT to wipe out the comfortable shoe tag....
kafermeister
QUOTE(Malmz @ Feb 6 2004, 11:41 AM)
I do know this is his first 914.

Hmmm. Will be interesting to see how he likes it.
brant
Steve,

I've forgotten the details on the roller...
is it good and will it be for sale?

tia
b
Malmz
I think we're going to keep that roller for now. It has rust problems. I have special plans for it someday. It's technically Jays now, but it's at my disposal.

sm
Aaron Cox
post pics of the jeep.
Malmz
QUOTE(acox914 @ Feb 6 2004, 03:46 PM)
post pics of the jeep.

Most of these (link below) are when I bought it a year ago. The bottom picture shows it lifted with the new Kuhmos.

I have since cut off the front valance, pulled the front carpet out and half of the center console (sawzall technique). Stock front seats are gone. The like-new flowfits can go with it for more $$. You can see on the page basically what I have in it. It is street legal, clear title. I was going to use it as a dedicated off road truck, thus the removals in the interior. I still have the kick panel plastics and such in a box. I only took it wheeling a couple times.

I found out that it also has a limited slip rear end (I was wondering why it would go up anything I pointed it at...).

http://malmz.com/signatur/jeep/index.htm

$500 firm w/o the seats. The new Kuhmos and new lift parts cost me over $600 alone... Another $250 will get you the seats or you will need a lawnchair to take it home... It's driveable (don't know for how long with the rod knock...) and ready to go. Keep in mind I think my original purchase price was also a steal.

Realistically, I won't have time to part it out for a couple weeks. Too hard to get new pictures right now, it's in my enclosed trailer.

sm
Malmz
By the way, a local junkyard quoted my $325 for a used tested longblock.

sm
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.