Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Side shifter Conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Phoenix-MN
I was gathering up my side shifter parts to start cleaning them up and I recalled there was a article in Porsche Panorama years ago that covered this. It had nice diagrams and pictutes along with a drawing to make a adapter plate to use the firewall boot on an early car.

It took me a little while searching the PCA site but I found it piratenanner.gif I don't know if anyone else has posted this but it's in the August 1990 issue.

Now I just have to go dig through my stack of Panorama's and find it confused24.gif

Paul
db9146
QUOTE(Phoenix-MN @ Sep 23 2008, 09:55 PM) *

I was gathering up my side shifter parts to start cleaning them up and I recalled there was a article in Porsche Panorama years ago that covered this. It had nice diagrams and pictutes along with a drawing to make a adapter plate to use the firewall boot on an early car.

It took me a little while searching the PCA site but I found it piratenanner.gif I don't know if anyone else has posted this but it's in the August 1990 issue.

Now I just have to go dig through my stack of Panorama's and find it confused24.gif

Paul

Replaced initial scan with much better quality one below.

Click to view attachment
stugray
FWIW, if you use the tangerine racing firewall shift bushing, the side shift boot almost slides right on.

If Chris was to machine a small lip in the bushing holder, it would retain the boot better - wink wink, nudge nudge...

I'll try to get a picture tonight.
Mr.Nobody
QUOTE(db9146 @ Apr 6 2016, 08:16 PM) *

Is everyone else that downloads the file getting a very grainy, hard to read file?

Does anyone have a higher res version?
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(stugray @ Apr 7 2016, 10:02 AM) *

If Chris was to machine a small lip in the bushing holder, it would retain the boot better - wink wink, nudge nudge...

I started doing that with the last batch I made. smile.gif
Just enough of a groove for the bead on the boot end to fit into.
Mr.Nobody
Way better quality on the scan. Thanks for taking the time to scan it!

beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.