Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Boxster
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
EdwardBlume
I'm hoping like a lot of us that a new boxster will drop the bottom out of the prices for the current model. Here's some picts:
EdwardBlume
ttt
EdwardBlume
ttt
EdwardBlume
ttt
EdwardBlume
All of the above picts are computer aided- here's a real spy photo - notice the longer wheelbase = boxster.
tat2dphreak
clap56.gif

I like that one beter than the current model! Thanks for sharing! I hadn't seen it yet!
seanery
The silver roadster looks like a baby Carrera GT.
nice, I like the red hatchback, too.
anthony
I thought the price already dropped out of the bottom of the Boxster? I see early cars for under $20K all the time. $25-30K gets you the next generation car. $35-40K gets you a low mileage mint condition BoxsterS that originally sold for, what?, $60K.

It's going to be a long time before Boxsters are going for $5K.
Demick
I like those photos of the red coupe better than the 911. Seems hard to believe that they would build a boxster coupe - seems like it would steel too many sales away from the 911. Cheaper, better looking, mid-engined, lighter, smaller (some of these are guesses) - I would think 911 sales would drop through the floor.

Demick
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(Demick @ Feb 6 2004, 11:37 AM)
I like those photos of the red coupe better than the 911. Seems hard to believe that they would build a boxster coupe - seems like it would steel too many sales away from the 911. Cheaper, better looking, mid-engined, lighter, smaller (some of these are guesses) - I would think 911 sales would drop through the floor.

Demick

I don't think so really... the 911 is still the porsche most people(myself included) dreams of. I doubt anyone who can afford to buy a 911 will consider the boxter as closely... it's a different kind of audience... more mainsteam, more working class... the new 911s are 2x as much as a boxter(approx)

I just don't think a coupe boxter will hurt 911 sales much, but it will definately get more porsches on the road...

a few people may opt for a boxter S over a base carrera, to save a little dough
I think the gt3 might steal a few turbo customers...

I doubt many "turbo" and gt3 customers(or even carerra-4) will opt for a boxter...

what do I know though, just my .02

beer.gif
grantsfo
Those are old shots that are not completely accurate - the silver car is a photoshop. The new car is bigger and uglier from what I have seen. Bottom has already let go on Boxsters - You can pickup a nice low mileage S for $30K and plenty of 2.7s in mid twenties. 2.5s in $20K range.

IPB Image

IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.