Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: roll bar homologation
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dr914@autoatlanta.com
We have a Frenchman wanting to know if any 914 style rollbar is homologated Never paying much attention to racing, I have no idea!!!

rick 918-S
Maybe ask in the racing forum. I don't have an answer for ya, just givin ya a icon_bump.gif
carr914
Contact Stable Energies

www.stableenergies.com
973-773-3177

That's who I've gotten my Safety Devices cage from.

T.C.
URY914
homologated for what? Which set of rules is he talking about?
brant
the homologation is europe is much much more strict than in the U.S.

In the U.S. pretty much any nascar speed shop can build a good cage of the correct size tubing and you are legal

in european racing I don't think it is that way at all.

safety devices is a british brand
ask them directly since they will know the local (to them) rules
brant
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(URY914 @ Sep 24 2008, 08:03 PM) *

homologated for what? Which set of rules is he talking about?

What? Is that all Butt Joints? The French... gayfight.gif
smg914
I assume George was referring to the 914-6 GT's back in the day. Below is how I responded to George in an email. Does anyone agree or disagree with my answer below?

My understanding is that some of the GT's had roll bars and others like the famous white # 40 Sonauto 914-6 GT that was seen in the movie Le Mans didn't have a roll bar or a cage. Porsche felt that the roll bar that came in all 914's was strong enough and an additional roll bar was not necessary. Although an FIA approved roll bar was used in many GT's, I don't believe a V Brace Roll Bar was part of the homologation for the GT back in the day, probably because it was not required in 1970.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.