Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOT: Relocating base camp
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dbgriffith75
So my wife and I found a duplex to move to and finally get out of this hole in the wall apartment. It's a nice place- 2 bed/1.5 bath, but it's 3 levels. Bedrooms and bathroom on top floor, kitchen/living room/half bath on the second, and a full, open basement. Plus, there's a door in the kitchen that leads to a balcony, and the basement has a door that leads out below the balcony; both of which face a somewhat wooded area with a small creek. Which is good, because our current place faces a busy residential street so I get to hear every f**king car that drives by. And if I happen to be asleep when the street sweepers and garbage trucks come by? Well, I'm not asleep for much longer. When you put a country raised boy in a place where he can hear every damned thing that moves it doesn't take long before he's ready to start ar15.gif

We've been looking to move for a while, but the one thing that's been holding us up is the pet issue. We don't currently have a pet, but we want to get a great dane, so while we've found a lot of places that allow pets, most of them aren't cool with having a dog that big. And it's funny to me, because after talks with vets and other owners of great danes and some of the apartment complexes that allow them, great dane's are surprisingly good small space pets. But we lucked out with this place- the guy that owns it said he didn't know very much about dane's, so when we were looking at the place, my wife was telling him all the good points trying to convince him that it would be OK if we had a dog that big. And he was cool with it. And we handed him the deposit. biggrin.gif

But here's the best part- it's got a garage, so you know what that means?

No more 30 mile drives to work on my teener!!! cheer.gif piratenanner.gif Which means no more spending $150+ a week on gas! Which means that money can go to the teener! YYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY!!!!

It's only a single stall garage, but it's really deep, so I've got enough room to put the teener in there and still have enough room in the back for a workbench. There's probably a lot of parts I'm going to leave stored in my dad's garage, but at least now I don't have to deal with that drive on a daily basis once I'm healed enough to start working on it again.

Anyway, I was just a little excited about that. I should be going now.
turboman808
QUOTE(dbgriffith75 @ Sep 24 2008, 09:26 AM) *

No more 30 mile drives to work on my teener!!! cheer.gif piratenanner.gif Which means no more spending $150+ a week on gas! Which means that money can go to the teener! YYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY!!!!

I moved about a year ago next to where my new office was going to be. Moved into my new office 6 months ago. I don't have a commute and my back yard is a big park and river.

Got to love not having to ruin your cars doing something silly like driving to work.

But congratulations on the move.
Root_Werks
Still have a 30 mile comute to work. Ugly one to. Maybe someday...
VaccaRabite
I moved from 0 commute to 45 miles one way.

It was totally worth it. :-)

Zach
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.