Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914/6 oil line routing- another question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rfuerst911sc
I almost have the oil line routing figured out but I'm still a little fuzzy on the routing of the line out of the bottom of the tank that goes to the engine oil cooler. I have a DW Design oil tank and I've loosely installed it in the fender. It looks like the line has to come straight down out of the tank about 7 inches then make a hard right turn in front of the rear suspension mount. Then take another hard right back to the cooler. Does anyone have some pics of this routing to help clear up my head? beerchug.gif
GeorgeRud
Don't have a photo for you, but you are right in your assessment. The oil line comes out of the bottom of the tank and goes back and makes a 90 degree turn inwards just past the rear alignment plates. It is attached to another line with an easy disconnect (32 and 36mm metric fittings in the original cars, AN-12 or AN-16 fittings on the conversion cars. The line then bends back to the oil cooler, which has a 90 degree bend in the oil line so it faces forward (instead of straight out like on a 911) an attaches to the flexible line.

That way, it's easy to change the oil by undoing the connection in the line, and the lines clear the heat exchangers as well.

Hope this helps!
brant
you have to pretty much drop the tank to get that line tight and then install the tank with that line pre-tightened...

also you will probably have to repeat the process 3 times to get it pointing in just the right angle that you want.

sww914
I'm not answering your question, but if you put a junction in the middle of that hose it will make things much nicer when you change the oil if it doesn't run off of your header and into your eye & armpit.
elmonte
QUOTE(sww914 @ Sep 24 2008, 07:18 PM) *

I'm not answering your question, but if you put a junction in the middle of that hose it will make things much nicer when you change the oil if it doesn't run off of your header and into your eye & armpit.

Here's how the factory did it. ignore the braided line

Click to view attachment
rfuerst911sc
Pics have been a great help. Thanks guys.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.