Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lets say hypothetically that I have two 914-6 showroom and 3 low mile
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr. Roger
What would you do?

Do car storage places, that are secure, exist? confused24.gif

Thanks!

popcorn[1].gif
carr914
Hypothetically, my house. biggrin.gif
jimkelly
between you and me - i know of only one place - don't tell anyone

Honest Jim's in Delaware - temporarily - oops - since 1939 : )

no seriously

Honest Kelly's - for all your automotive storage needs since Sept 24th 2008 : )

ok ok - i am just trying to steal your cars - alright i've said it

now that i have been completely honest - how about it ?

of course i will need payment in advance - in cash - unmarked bills preferrably

ConeDodger
Pulling out all the stops there is a place here in Sacramento called Dream Car Solutions owned by a nieghbor of mine. It is a huge warehouse downtown with checkerboard floors, humidity and temperature controlled, secure. He isn't cheap but included in the service is show prep and delivery to events for show or race vehicles. I have seen him down at Laguna Seca, Infinion, and even at Niello Porsche for a concours event with a 914 that is stored there... Nice guy too...
jimkelly
i guess that puts me second in line biggrin.gif
dw914er
Ben Matlock's Garage and Storage. Keeping 914's secure since '73.

Free service and wash lol

seriously though, my 914 could use a friend in the big garage smile.gif
LarryR
Well not completely joking.. but my house ... build my garage and put your cars in there. You can hold the key for a year.
Dr. Roger
QUOTE(LarryR @ Sep 24 2008, 08:53 PM) *

Well not completely joking.. but my house ... build my garage and put your cars in there. You can hold the key for a year.

I hear some seriously tempting offers... LOL sheeplove.gif

My buddy is relocating from central CA and needs to store his toys here in the bay area for a year while he fixes up a "fixer-upper" here in the SF east bay.

I wish I had 5 collector 914's.... w00t.gif
dw914er
if he wants to store one in so cal, in a safe garage, I know of one lol
G e o r g e
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
Dr. Roger
QUOTE(George H. @ Sep 24 2008, 11:13 PM) *

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

A very good point George. Pics to come... Mint convertible Rolls, 57 BelAir, 50's TBird, and a couple of others.

Were taking a little trip down to Kassabian Motors tomorrow for some late morning drooling.... My broker wants to look at the '70 Cuda.

http://www.myhotcars.com/

carreraguy
QUOTE(Dr. Roger @ Sep 24 2008, 07:20 PM) *

Have you checked out Store Inside in Milpitas? I think its about $120/month per car; maybe they'll give your friend a "package" deal!

http://www.storeinside.com/indoor_storage.htm
iamchappy
You need one of these, if you search you can kinda see my car and Ollie in the pictures.

http://www.automotorplex.com/index.php
r_towle
I store cars here for the winter.
If the need is up in SF area, call HPH, I am sure Rick knows of more than a few places.

Some of the temp storage places like uhaul self storage are not bad, but there is no power for trickle charging and no heat.

If it was me, I would find a warehouse nearby and rent it for the season...there are alot of warehouses around the waterfront.

Rich
Joe Bob
You don't really need heat in CA, batteries can be pulled and stored in other areas. Best to put them up on jack stnads or over fill the tires....
Ferg
Find a nice small private airport in a nice part of town, or a "Airpark" and rent a hanger. Usually really good facilities, and the private airplane guys watch each others back ect. I rent a hanger with two other guys, I keep my camper, extra cars ect, there. It has electric, nice lighting, not sure the exact size but big enough for 9ish cars ect. Gates have keypad, security ect. We split 270 a month 3 ways, needless to say, I'm happy with that biggrin.gif .

We did get a Audit about not having any aviation related items once. We were given a wing from a crashed ultra lite and that was good enough for them blink.gif but not all places require aviation in the hanger...

Ferg
PanelBilly
Warehouse space! Its a good option and you have total control. He'll need to pay $2500/month (Puget Sound prices) for a decent facility, but it would likely have more room than he needed for the cars. It would give him space to store other stuff. I knew a guy who rented a unit next to one of my warehouses who fixed his office space into a lounge and he and his buddies would come down and drink and detail their cars.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Dr. Roger @ Sep 24 2008, 06:20 PM) *

Sure do. There's one in Oakland, on 40th @ Emery St. just one block over from Pixar ...

bye1.gif Andy
naro914
if you were in NC, I'd say at my business. We store a bunch of cars for people...collector, race cars, etc. Even got a 914!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.