Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Subaru tach?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
marks914
I have a customer that wants a tach for his suby conversion, does a regular aftermarket tach work weith the tach output on the ecu?
Thanks
Mark
Amenson
The Suby '05 WRX/STi factory manual indicates that the tach output of the ECU is analog.

Scott
DBCooper
Yes, most any aftermarket tach will work. Take a look at the VDO X-Treme tachs as a modern bells-and-whistles substitution. They have a 9000 rpm black faced data recording unit that uses a white numbers font that's close to the OEM look.
marks914
Thanks, it sounds like a 5v sq wave signal

Scott, good to see your car is coming together, we met at the MWC a few years back. My car is the green v8. Its also nice to see a Michigander with a 914.

Mark
marks914
Thanks, it sounds like a 5v sq wave signal

Scott, good to see your car is coming together, we met at the MWC a few years back. My car is the green v8. Its also nice to see a Michigander with a 914.

Mark
charliew
Mark I'm a little confused, you made me a tach with a boost gauge awhile back for my suby conversion and I thought we discussed this then.
Charliew
marks914
Charlie,
Yes, but I never had any confirmation. I have done a few Suby tachs, and none of the cars are running yet.

is your car up and running?

Mark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.