Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: November issue of Classic Motorsports
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ConeDodger
Has anyone noticed the November 2008 issue of Classic Motorsports with the "Then and Now" article comparing several 60's-70's classic sportscars with the evolution or like modern car...

The cover cars are an original owner 914-6 and a Boxster... The 914 does very nicely in this comparo and Tim Suddard puts the 914-6 value at $50-60K in five years! Wow! The return is approaching the cost of restoration now! Ok... half.
SirAndy
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Sep 25 2008, 06:02 PM) *

The return is approaching the cost of restoration now!

Does that include what you're going to spend on the car in the next 5 years?

i doubt it ...
poke.gif Andy
ConeDodger
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Sep 25 2008, 06:06 PM) *

i doubt it ...
poke.gif Andy

If you leave off the part where I said Ok... half. you don't get the tongue-in-cheek intention of the first part! But it is nice to see the value rise.
davep
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Sep 25 2008, 06:06 PM) *

i doubt it ...
poke.gif Andy

Expenses are minimal if you just put it on jackstands for the 5 years. biggrin.gif

On the other hand, with the economic downturn, I doubt most of us in North America will be unable to pay that much five years from now. I may have to start scrounging for Yugo parts. headbang.gif
ConeDodger
The funniest thing said in the article was just too true...

"Although the Porsche 914/6 is remarkably modern and well built for a car of its era, there's one massive Achilles' heel; the shifter. It's epically terrible by today's standards. and drivers are more likely to find third gear while stirring their Cheerios at breakfast than while driving a 914." (p. 49)

Classic Motorsports November 2008, Issue 135

LMFAO!!!
Root_Werks
Not just anyone can drive a 914. wink.gif
carr914
Nothing lasts forever, even this shitty economy. Look how fast it took a dump. It will come back and in 5 years, I think a 914-6 will be double the estimate in the article. With 914-6s it is supply & demand. The demand is strong today and will be stronger in the coming years. There are only a certain number of Six's left and declining.

T.C.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.