Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS on Seattle CL low mile 914?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Root_Werks
http://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/cto/854036127.html

If the mileage is true, seems like a screaming deal. confused24.gif No affiliation, just noticed it.
Ferg
Hmm.... that is so so very tempting.

Ferg 914 withdraw setting in hard smile.gif
Ferg
Just looked at the pics again, I think that's the highest I've ever seen a hood badge mounted, not knocking it, just a observation.

Ferg
PeeGreen 914
I believe this is Janet Vincent's car. Very nice car.
Root_Werks
Janet.... Older lady? I think I met her once. If that's her car, it is very nice in person.

Ferg, you want a local to do a PPI for you?
biosurfer1
She sure likes a lot of hanging things in the interior...

The badge looks like its in the middle of the hood!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
would anyone be willing to make a deal on the car for me? I need another 76 to drive.
PeeGreen 914
I take that back. Janet's car has a reflector in rear. I don't see one on here. It must be the twin of it.

Yes Dan, Janet is like in her 70's and still AXing. Cool lady but I didn't see her out at the last event. The last time I did see her she was talking about selling it. That's why I thought it was hers. That and the fact she lives in that area.
number6
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Sep 26 2008, 03:08 PM) *

http://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/cto/854036127.html

If the mileage is true, seems like a screaming deal. confused24.gif No affiliation, just noticed it.

I inquired about the car, and this is what I was told:

Hi, the car was repainted in 1978, the left front corner was scraped in a parking lot, it didn't dent the fender, it did break the side marker and cracked the turn signal. the car was fixed at university porsche, however they just fogged the front of the fender and due to the crappy original paint it didn't match. mom wasn't happy with it and they had the car repainted. it is the original color. the original wheels are long gone, as for records there are some receipts but the car never had any work done to it other than a couple tune ups and oil changes. my father was a mechanic at a chevrolet dealer and did most of the oil changes, an independant porsche shop in west seattle did the tune ups. i have the owners manual, no sticker. title is clear and the car has a collector vehicle plate on it. john 253-334-1183

It sounds like a good deal. I hope the paint was done right...but, then again, can't expect perfection at $7500... Had it been original paint, I would've had another 914 smile.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Sep 26 2008, 03:56 PM) *

I take that back. Janet's car has a reflector in rear. I don't see one on here. It must be the twin of it.

Yes Dan, Janet is like in her 70's and still AXing. Cool lady but I didn't see her out at the last event. The last time I did see her she was talking about selling it. That's why I thought it was hers. That and the fact she lives in that area.

I talked to Janet recently and she sounds great! Said that she does not want to sell her car now and was amused that there was another like hers for sale locally!
Ferg
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Sep 26 2008, 02:34 PM) *

Janet.... Older lady? I think I met her once. If that's her car, it is very nice in person.

Ferg, you want a local to do a PPI for you?

Thanks for the offer, but until I find a solid buyer for the Miata, I'm not serious enough for a PPI.

Ferg
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Sep 26 2008, 04:03 PM) *

QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Sep 26 2008, 03:56 PM) *

I talked to Janet recently and she sounds great! Said that she does not want to sell her car now and was amused that there was another like hers for sale locally!

She is. I told her when she does sell I want to be first in line. She just chuckled. This car is a spitting image of hers only hers is a little cleaner with the badge location and all.
rjames
Looks like the CL add has already been deleted by the owner.
number6
QUOTE(rjames @ Sep 26 2008, 04:52 PM) *

Looks like the CL add has already been deleted by the owner.

Did someone here buy the car? If so, congrats! Good buy.
Gint
Can't believe none of you guys posted the pic here before the CL ad got deleted. sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.