Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 wrench in Orange County
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
LeNoah
Can anyone recommend a mechanic in Orange County, Ca that is knowledgable on 914's. I have a '74, 2.0 that is planned for a restoration, but in the meantime it would be a nice driver with a couple mechanical tweaks. Thanks for any advice.
LN idea.gif
jim_hoyland
What city in OC are you located ? I'd been taking my 914 to Sunset Garage, now the PCH Garage, for the past 20 years. Hector services about 1/2 dozen 914's regularly.

Address is 167747bPacfic Coast Highway, Sunset Beach, CA 90742
LeNoah
Thanks Jim,
I spend my life in the Irvine/Newport Beach area. Sunset's a little further than I'd like to go but it looks like my options are limited so I'll check it out.
LN
jim_hoyland
He has a new phone #; I'll get it and post it for you later today or Sunday. I would recommend making an appointment, have him look it over, drive it, and see what he recommends right out the gate. I have him change oil every 4K and tune up every 8k as well. Prices are comparable to other places overall. Hector, the owner, is customer friendly; I have been able to bring the car to him in emergenies and been satisfied.

It's kinda far for you; there are two places in Costa Mesa:

Jeff Blum: he is at 786 W. 20th near Placentia, Costa Mesa, CA 92627, 949-548-1248
Blackforest: near 16th and Pomona?

I
LeNoah
Thanks Jim!!! Good info. I'll check 'em all out.
LN
jim_hoyland
Also, try Hergesheimer in Lake Forest. Elliot Cannon and other used them and they may be closer ( I probably speeled the name wrong )
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.