Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lug bolts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tom
Ok guys,
I need ideas to dress up my lug bolts. What have you done to make yours look better? Don't want to spend the big bucks for chrome ones, although if there is a chrome plating shop anyone knows about that does this type og work for a good price, that would probably work. Wheels are black center Enkie's with polished rims. Just think chrome or maybe silver painted lugs would make a good contrast look.
What do you think? Sorry, I don't have any pics to post but there is a thread on Bremerton breakfast you could see my car there.
Thanks,
Tom
Jeffs9146
Polished Lug Nut

This was posted just the other day!
Tom
Thanks Jeff,
I missed that. I have polished up some things with a buffing wheel, but didn't know lug bolts would turn out that nice. I'll give it a try.
Tom
Grelber
I'm a CSOB, and asked the same question a year or two ago. I was told to go to my local Volvo dealer and get a set of chrome caps that go over the ends of the lugbolts. I did, they fit perfectly, and look great. Plus, they only run about $15.00 for a set of 20.

Volvo part # 9139853.

Tom
Ron,
Thanks for that info. I had already gone to all the FLAPS and got no where with them. I knew someone made these, just couldn't find them.
Tom
markb
QUOTE(Grelber @ Sep 26 2008, 06:33 PM) *

I'm a CSOB, and asked the same question a year or two ago. I was told to go to my local Volvo dealer and get a set of chrome caps that go over the ends of the lugbolts. I did, they fit perfectly, and look great. Plus, they only run about $15.00 for a set of 20.

Volvo part # 9139853.

I got something similar from Strausse a couple of years ago & really like them.
Tom
Thanks to Ron and the part #, mine are on order. $22.22, pick up Saturday at Tacoma Volvo.
Tom
r_towle
QUOTE(Grelber @ Sep 26 2008, 10:33 PM) *

Volvo part # 9139853.

Which lug bolts, stock steelies or the longer fuch ones?
Do you need a soft socket for the lug bolts now?
can you post a pic?

Rich
Tom
I don't have a pic. They are plastic chromed slip overs with a tool to remove them when you need to take the wheel off.
Tom
r_towle
friction fit? magic??

I am very interested, just asking...

Rich
Spoke
My Audi A6 has plastic caps the slide over the lug bolts. Just a friction fit.
burton73
Volvo S80 1999-2006 Chrome Lug Bolt Covers

I just got the same thing on Ebay for $16. Delivered. The guy has 4515 positive 100% I will take a chance. Comes with the removal tool. Replacement correct bolts are $87. Plus shipping. Aaiautomotiveaccessories I do not know him from shit.

Bob
Slick914

Yes, which lugs do they fit?

Can order them here... http://parts.bostonvolvo.com/product.php?productid=16299
AvalonFal
QUOTE(Slick914 @ Oct 2 2008, 12:12 AM) *

Yes, which lugs do they fit?

Can order them here... http://parts.bostonvolvo.com/product.php?productid=16299

So, has it been determined if these caps will fit over Fuchs lugs?? If so, finally an inexpensive fix for a 914 problem!

Paul
Grelber
I have them on my Fuch lugs, and they fit perfect. You get 20 of them (Volvo) and so you have a couple of spares. The package comes with a removal tool.

It was someone here on the site that told me about them a year or so ago.

I don't have a closeup, but here they are on the rims.
Tom
Just got mine in the mail yesterday and will be putting them on tomorrow. I'll see if I can find some one to take some pics and get them posted. I have the shorter lug bolts, but these will fit either length. They are a snug slip fit over the lug.
Tom
PS. Pacific northwest guys, any volunteers to take before and after pics? Tomorrow looks like a nice day for a drive.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.