Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 911 struts.....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
fiid
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2457599960

So - I see a few 911 struts like these on ebay and other places..... I would need a hub though to mount a wheel on here, so where do I get a hub from and how much do they cost????

Also - I have Yellow Koni Sports that fit in 914 struts - what is the best 911 strut housing to get for those to fit in??

And then - which brakes can I use with a 19mm master cylinder. I am thinking S brakes look like a nice package. Bigish, ventilated, and light.

Thoughts?

Fiid.
RocknRollFrenzy
don't know about hubs.......looking at the picture, it looks to me like your break rotor is going to be the outer bearing race (similar to the 914) and there won't be a 'hub'......but i don't know too much about 911 bits as of yet, so i could be wrong there. as for brakes, i would worry more about matching your new breaks to the mounting brackets of your new suspension than to the m/c.......unless you're already planning on doing some fab work there. the 19mm master cylinder should be able to push pretty much anything to stick to the end of it.
fiid
b - ump
Brad Roberts
Buy a complete setup. Dont piece one together. It will run you more $$$ than you could ever imagine trying to buy all the little bits needed to complete that setup.

Your shocks will fit in the later Carrera strut, but you will have to buy a spacer for them that Koni sells.

Show up to the shop next week and I can run down all the differences with you. I stock the early 911/9146 struts which are legal in SCCA and PCA club racing in the production classes. Your shocks drop right into them and they bolt onto your ball joints without issue. They have the smaller 3 inch bolt spacing compared to the 3.5 of the later SC/Carrera struts (not an issue as a certain company is coming out with a 4 piston brake caliper designed with 930 turbo brake pads and still fit under a 15 inch wheel on 3 inch bolt spacing.. with turbo 930 rotor...)

B
Jeroen
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Feb 7 2004, 06:36 PM)
a certain company is coming out with a 4 piston brake caliper designed with 930 turbo brake pads and still fit under a 15 inch wheel on 3 inch bolt spacing.. with turbo 930 rotor...

can you tell us any more, or is this still in the "hush-hush" stages?

cheers,

Jeroen
Brad Roberts
The end pieces are cast and the center assemblies are billet. They are currently being assembled. I have been assured we will have a solution for our stock 3inch F+R bolt spacing. The billet hubs we are working on will also be setup for a 930 rotor/spacing.

This means we will soon have a braking solution that can accomodate 4 lug wheels but have a 930 rotor stuffed behind it with a 930 brake pad and 4 piston caliper. The project started off for the rear of early 911's (3 inch bolt spacing) and I caught wind of it during the engineering stages... I asked them to look at our market and offer us a solution. They only have to change one side of the caliper where it mounts in their drawings... soon.

B
Van914
Brad,
You are the man! smilie_pokal.gif

Let us all know when these are ready. It will save BIG $
on my conversion.
Thanks
Van
Aaron Cox
way cool! smilie_pokal.gif
d914
sure come up with a solution just as I'm finishing putting SC struts on my car for the 3.5 spacing headbang.gif
Brad Roberts
Sorry Greg. beerchug.gif

You cant win them all. I am exposed to some very talented designers/engineers and some times I think of our group and ask for new products. I hate the BMW caliper stuff being pushed by home engineers so I persued a real solution.

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.