Click to view attachment

He broke my toe on this shot

Click to view attachment
carr914
at Daytona

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

blitZ
The world will miss this incredible man. Actor, driver, artist and generous philanthropist.

Rest in peace Cool Hand.

Cap'n Krusty
He wasn't just an actor. In real life, he "knew how to act". A class guy, with a class wife. Hollywood is far poorer without him, as are motorsports. Too bad there aren't more like him there. The Cap'n
sixnotfour
Rest in Peace Paul
Portland, my mom really enjoyed the celb. at the races ,made it fun for her.
carr914
Great qoutes from PLN

"There are 24 hours in a day and 24 beers in case. Coincidence, I think not"

When he turned 70, "I'm not mellower, I'm not less tenacious, - Maybe the best part is that your liver can't handle those beers at Noon anymore"

T.C.

Paul, maybe one day in Heaven, we can kick back a few beerchug.gif
sixnotfour
I restored this car for goodman racing, Paul Newman celebrity challange car.
Huffaker built originally,first 308 in the states. John was also lucky to find the original hauler we also restored.
Budweiser 308
Mark Henry
Oh man... another good guy gone.

He did have a heck of a great life though.
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Sep 27 2008, 09:21 AM) *

He wasn't just an actor. In real life, he "knew how to act". A class guy, with a class wife. Hollywood is far poorer without him, as are motorsports. Too bad there aren't more like him there. The Cap'n

agree.gif sad.gif
carr914
I got to meet him a few times at Daytona and wish him Happy Birthday (we both shared January 26th)

T.C.

Paul and 914s

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
carr914
It's Ok Paul, it'll buff out

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
carr914
GTI @ Daytona 2001

Click to view attachment

Eric_Shea
Godspeed Paul. What a great life you shared with us all. I'm grateful.
championgt1
A very sad day. Great driver,great person. RIP. sad.gif
Kansas 914
God's Speed Paul.

T.C. - thanks for sharing the photos. I'm sure you have some great memories I know I do.
zymurgist
According to the Washington Post, Paul Newman made $250 million for charity. What a class act.

RIP Hudson Hornet. sad.gif
SGB
Thanks for the pictures.
watsonrx13
God's Speed Paul.

Thanks for pics TC....

-- Rob
GeorgeRud
He once said that he made more money for the charity than he ever had made for all his movies. His life should be an inspiration for all of us.

A class act always. RIP.
turboman808
I got to run into Paul Newman. Never met him before.

First time was at Watkins Glenn and I was checking out his car. The GT1 corvette. I thought the car was amazing and was chatting it up with the crew cheif. Didn't have a clue who owned the car. Next thing I see this huge group of people starting to collect in the aera and what do I see... Paul Newman walk over to get in. I said hi and didn't realize this was is or something like that and good luck.

So I kinda knew he was involved in racing but after that I got a magazine that had a huge article about him and his racing career. Anyways I thought that was kinda cool.

If memory serves me right me and Chris and his wife watched him win the GT1 race at Limerock last year. The oldsmobile overtook but spun it with 1 or 2 laps to go. Just so happens he did and interview with Barbara Walters that day and then won the race. Not a bad way to end a interview I would say.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.