Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shift knob, RennShift option?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PAPERBOY
I was trying to find a decent replacement for my faded and cracked original knob when I came across these. I thought I would ask those with machining knowledge here can the shifter shaft on our cars be threaded to acomadate these. They are actually Ferrari knobs (same pattern as our 914). The threads are listed as 10 X 1.25mm. I think it would look great on a RennShift also, maybe James could offer a threaded shaft as an option for us. Check http://www.hill-engineering.co.uk/ferrari-...-shiftknobs.htm for more pics of knob I can't post pics yet, more of a lurker than poster. Cheaper at TeamVoodoo.com but no pics of shift pattern on knobs. Maybe someone else can post the pics.

-Jay
ArtechnikA
OOooooOOOH ! Titanium ! wish i hadn't seen that... i can temporarily remind myself my aluminum MoMo knob is lighter... 75 pounds sterling for Ti tho - pricey...

easier i think to drill the knob to fit the shaft, but since the RennShift stick (the non-aluminum sheath one, anyway) is just mild steel, it'd be easy enough to tap... if you just like the bare metal ball look, it may be easier to use a MoMo. (i think mine was $50 tho, a while ago ... this place just wants 20 pounds for aluminum...)

i'm not worried about the pattern. anyone i'm willing to let drive my car can darned well learn the pattern.
tat2dphreak
ph those are SWEET! will go great with the brushed aluminum interior I want to do!! at 25 quid it's a lot cheaper than a momo shifter too!
Qarl
Be careful... you might end up spending too much time polishing your knob!
JWest
I'll do custom stuff - you just have to ask. I usually don't charge much if it does not require much of a change.
Qarl
Believe it or not, I bought the repro knob from AA (don't hate me). It actually arrived and didn't cost an arm and a leg for shipping.

Here it is...

It is engraved and filled with silver paint, vs an insert covered with plastic. The knob is made of delrin.
VegasRacer
The following post is blatant self promotion.
(yea, yea. I know. use the classifieds) BITE ME smile.gif

I have a few of these. NOS. Imported from Germany. Polished aluminum.
They fit a teener perfectly without the adapters. Very high quality.
$75 to your door.
Mueller
IMHO, the best shifter knob is a nice Momo (or similar brand) leather covered unit.

Hard plastic and even harder metal shift knobs are not comfortable........
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(kellzey @ Feb 6 2004, 03:01 PM)
Believe it or not, I bought the repro knob from AA

Carrell, how could you? ohmy.gif
F4i
I just made my own. And a matching heater lever as well.
Brad Roberts
Nice job Dylan clap56.gif clap56.gif I'm not really a knob kind of guy.. my hand doesnt really care what it is shifting as long as it goes into gear... LOL

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.