Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Increased my power range and higher top speed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jsayre914
I spent a few months replacing every hose on my fuel injected 73 2.0. I replaced every seal, gasket, boot I could find. Sent my injectors out for cleaning. new KN air filter fuel lines etc. My car was running great, I was more than satisfied with acceleration untill....

...fuel pump krapped out. I bought a used one (thanks bdstone914) and swapped it out last night. quick repar. I turned the key and noticed it sounded diff than the old one. The sound was a higher pitch, sounded quite a bit faster than the one I took out. I drove it 60+ miles this morning

WOW What a difference

It is running faster than ever and more power. Who would of thought, that damn thing was crappin out since before I bought the car in November. Its like I got a new car all over again. driving-girl.gif
So.Cal.914
Amazing what a little more fuel will do. Now drive it and enjoy. smile.gif
blitZ
Cool, that's a nice surprise. Most likely your fuel pressure was low and you were running lean. You may want to invest in a fuel pressure gauge to be sure.
zymurgist
Hmm. type47 had a plan for a cheap fuel pressure gauge (think Home Depot water pump gauge) that I used for Babydoll. I wonder if the old pump wasn't delivering enough pressure to the injectors..?
orange914
QUOTE(zymurgist @ Sep 29 2008, 01:24 PM) *

Hmm. type47 had a plan for a cheap fuel pressure gauge (think Home Depot water pump gauge) that I used for Babydoll. I wonder if the old pump wasn't delivering enough pressure to the injectors..?

i forget if the pressure was tested (i was trying to follow the other threads). if so cant a weak(er) pump sometimes put out acceptable pressure but when a high demand (volume) is needed, (acceleration/load) then pressure falls off, because it can't keep up.

i think it should be standard to put a fuel pressure gauge in. i've seen alot of threads dealing with weird drivability problems ending with fuel pressure related fix. i pickedup a nice liquid filled guage on e-bay very inexpensively.

glad to hear it's a runner. smile.gif
Root_Werks
Doesn't D-jet 2.0 run around 28-34 psig? I think anything less would not atomize the fuel very well. I bet your pump was limping along well bellow 25psig.
Dr Evil
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.