Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Little Help Here, have to get this done tonight.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
klikkid3
Hey all, for a little while now I have had a clicking sound occur only when backing up. It is coming from the passenger side front wheel. I have recently redone the front bearings so I am sure I did something wrong. I have the hub off eveything looks normal except for a small bit of grease that leaked where the the seal meets the spindle. Here is the question, is the seal supposed to be flush with the hub or up against the bearing? When I pulled the hub there was some forward and backward play with the inner bearing, or is it held firmly in place with the spindle nut?
SGB
A picture would help jog my recolective processes. Regardless, there should be NO play and you should almost be thinking to yourself "this is too tight..." The grease really flows when it heats up.
klikkid3
Ok here are the pics, I have already ready push the seal further in, I figure I can drive on it tomorrow at least and buy a new seal if need be. Do you remember if yours is flush or set in like this?
klikkid3
Ok still need to know about the seal, but it looks like the problem is the outter bearing, I cleaned it off and noticed it had an oblong shape which would point to overtightening right? When I tighten the nut it get worse, I originally tightened it to the point of no play and still some wheel spin.
Eric_Shea
Do you have a manual?

The step is fairly simple if I recall. Tighten until you can just slide the washer with the tip of your screwdriver.

Yeah? confused24.gif
Eric_Shea
Seal - If I recall, it generally sits flush with the back of the hub.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.