Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is this worth saving?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
basaltblack
Will someone please help me determine if this car is worth saving. What sheetmetal parts would I need. I have read about Brad Mayeur's clamshells and also that RD has longitudnial repair pieces. What would be better for my car. Please include RD part numbers. Pictures to large to upload on this sight. Please email me leikercr@yahoo.com and I will forward them to you. Thanks
watsonrx13
Ah, you might want to add some pics so that we can help you determine what will be needed.... shades.gif

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

-- Rob

rjames
Pictures to large to upload on this sight.

Find a free picture editing program out there, resize and post some pictures.
scotty b
QUOTE(basaltblack @ Sep 30 2008, 03:33 PM) *

Will someone please help me determine if this car is worth saving. What sheetmetal parts would I need. I have read about Brad Mayeur's clamshells and also that RD has longitudnial repair pieces. What would be better for my car. Please include RD part numbers. Pictures to large to upload on this sight. Please email me leikercr@yahoo.com and I will forward them to you. Thanks

If you're using windows XP you can resize the pics by right clicking and choose to re-size. It creates a duplicate picture but smaller. Medium will be fine to post with
GaroldShaffer
you can also follow this handy how to from our own 914 world website. Just click on this link.

Picture resize
basaltblack
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Sep 30 2008, 07:37 PM) *

you can also follow this handy how to from our own 914 world website. Just click on this link.

Picture resize

I hope this works
GaroldShaffer
I've seen worse that has been saved. How are your welding skills? welder.gif

basaltblack
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Sep 30 2008, 07:46 PM) *

I've seen worse that has been saved. How are your welding skills? welder.gif

Still messing with scraps. I have a Lincoln 175hd with gas. I am about to weld my door braces. Are there pieces that i can order or am I going to have to fabricate. I hope my paintless dent removal experience helps me out somehow.
PanelBilly
Worth saving is the wrong question. That implies that there is value in the car and then we're taking about money. The issue is do YOU want to invest the time to the project. Bring a car like this back to life is a adventure and that my sir, has value money can't buy.
basaltblack
This was a gulf coast car all of its life. The car sat outside since 1999 with rotten seals. No structual rust in the front.
carr914
Here is a restoration design sheet (sorry for my scribbling) and some of what I ordered. Youwill also need some pieces from AutoAtlanta - Right inner wheel house, inner long kit. And get an Engman kit (see vendors section)

T.C.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
carr914
Oh I forgot.... welcome.png

T.C.
basaltblack
Thank you guys for all of your help. It is hard to figure out what you need with all of the different names for parts ie inner rocker inner long clamshells. I assume that I should fix the longs first before replace the floors. Something to weld to would be nice. I will try to document my progress to help other newbies. I forgot to mention I have a jdm wrx single turbo engine to go into it that is why I am trying to fix a rusty car and not a restorable clean teener.
dw914er
It can be done.....

Though, here in so cal, its probably be dumped for another shell. But as I said, it can be done if you have the skills, determination, and patience.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.