Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Creamsicle
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
914Sixer
My Creamsicle came in Sunday night. I am stripping it out to go to metal work. Do the cars made in March of 74 have the late gas tank with no carbon canister attached? My early 74(Nov) has the metal cap and two hose openings and a radio hole in the side fender wall. The CS has only one hole for the radio, so I am guessing it needs a late tank, not the early one that was sent.

JeffBowlsby
The carbon can should be in the engine bay on your CS Mark. My former early 1974 car (Aug 1974, last 5 VIN 01465) had the plastic carbon can at the tank.
jonferns
My '74 (built 3/74, VIN 15316) has the carbon canister in the engine bay bye1.gif

edit: I've never seen those strut covers in that picture, do you have a closer pic?
74914LE
I believe the point of the original question was well founded. Does anyone know
the point in the 1974 production, when the switch was made to the later style gas
tank?
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(sendjonathanmail @ Oct 1 2008, 06:35 PM) *

My '74 (built March '74) has the carbon canister in the engine bay bye1.gif

edit: I've never seen those strut covers in that picture, do you have a closer pic?

The caps are just the rubber gaskets on the main harnesss that fit upto the back of a headlight bulb. Check it out they fit great and look they were made for teh application...sort-of....
watsonrx13
My '74, VIN 03058 and 05914 had the canister in the front trunk, but 16472 had it in the engine compartment.... Hope this helps...

-- Rob
914Sixer
Let me restate my question. Did LE's built in 03/74 has the late tank? I only have one hole in the fender well for the radio. This tells me the correct tank is without the canister and would be the late style. I am enclose in picture of LE and 74 made in 11/73 with 2 tubes and center radio hole.
davep
Yes, the charcoal canister goes in the engine compartment in your car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.