Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fresh cut Willow Green completed project
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
southernmost914
I just wanted to replace the door jams and one sail panel . The next thing I knew I had stipped off two coats of Zambezi green, Two coats of Irish green and had a bare metal car. So off to my favorite body man.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Three months later:
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
This camera makes it seam a lot brighter than it realy is but 4 heavy coats of clear and 3 days of non color, clear coat sanding and buffing paid off. Progess pictures to follow.

Steve
G e o r g e
beerchug.gif nice
TJB/914
QUOTE(George H. @ Oct 1 2008, 03:49 PM) *

beerchug.gif nice

agree.gif
I love the color!!

Tom
PanelBilly
Did you buy a box of white gloves for when your working on the reassembly?

Isn't it fun to rub your hands on the nice smooth body. Kind of like sex, but no need to talk afterwards.
SGB
I'm tasting LIME.

smile.gif
southernmost914
THANKS! More tomorrow.
Todd Enlund
drooley.gif
horizontally-opposed
Wow! smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif Your car looks GREAT, and I really dig the color...

I'm on the same road as you, having started pulling my car apart in March. Just saw it stripped to metal, now waiting for them to prep and paint.

Enjoy the ride,

pete
jonferns
Wow! Amazing color. Can't wait to see it assembled, are you going with sail vinyl or without?
carr914
SWEET
913B
Thats beautiful, someday for me.
rick 918-S
Very nice! aktion035.gif
lotus_65
wow.

there's something about that color that just connects with me right now.
sixnotfour
The worlds going green, Sweet !!!!
TravisNeff
Your car looks great! I love the finish on the center spokes of the wheels too. Empi's right? My empi's don't look anything like that - cool!
southernmost914
QUOTE(Travis Neff @ Oct 2 2008, 12:17 AM) *

Your car looks great! I love the finish on the center spokes of the wheels too. Empi's right? My empi's don't look anything like that - cool!

Panasport 15X6
Click to view attachment
southernmost914
I could not wait so I put on the white gloves and went to work.
Click to view attachment
southernmost914
Rewrapped the wireing harness with black friction tape, masked off and sealed the tail lights with black 5200.
Click to view attachment
southernmost914
I ran the bolts through the dog bones and tie strapped them in place. This made installing the bumper to easy.
Click to view attachment
southernmost914
Someone in the L.A. area may recall this car from the bumper. They made a nice stainless badge bracket.
Click to view attachment
southernmost914
Jammen! piratenanner.gif
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
village idiot
Beautiful! What color code was that?
southernmost914
QUOTE(village idiot @ Oct 2 2008, 06:11 AM) *

Beautiful! What color code was that?

L63k willow green
village idiot
Just Gorgeous!
I'm so sick I sold my 74 914 this past week:(
If I hadn't sold it by the end of this month I would've kept it and painted it back to it's original color, which was a light metallic green.

Oh well, at least I'll have some 930 brakes and some suspension pieces for the RS clone.............

Can't wait to see yours fully assembled:D
southernmost914
QUOTE(sendjonathanmail @ Oct 1 2008, 09:26 PM) *

Wow! Amazing color. Can't wait to see it assembled, are you going with sail vinyl or without?

Click to view attachment
I welded the holes closed but I can change my mind.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(southernmost914 @ Oct 1 2008, 06:00 PM) *

I just wanted to replace the door jams and one sail panel . The next thing I knew I had stipped off two coats of Zambezi green, Two coats of Irish green and had a bare metal car. So off to my favorite body man.

Three months later:

So that is what Willow Green is supposed to look like - my '72 is off to the body shop soon for paint - original color of L63K - of course.
jmill
Again I say that looks fantastic. I like the panasports too. You need to step back and give us the big picture. The teaser pics are killing me.
southernmost914
This afternoons progess:
Click to view attachment
I had to heat up those black plugs in boiling water to get them back in place.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
All lined up.
Click to view attachment

southernmost914
QUOTE(jmill @ Oct 2 2008, 10:19 PM) *

Again I say that looks fantastic. I like the panasports too. You need to step back and give us the big picture. The teaser pics are killing me.

I try and finish up the doors tomorrow and get some full shots of the car.
Click to view attachment
LarryR
QUOTE(southernmost914 @ Oct 2 2008, 08:30 PM) *

QUOTE(jmill @ Oct 2 2008, 10:19 PM) *

I try and finish up the doors tomorrow and get some full shots of the car.

Very nice I like that color.
Todd Enlund
Damn, I'm still drooling.

My car is Tangerine, and the wife wants one when I'm done with mine. Hers will either be Willow or Ravenna. She has no choice.
mudfoot76
Beautiful car!!! drooley.gif

I can't wait to see the final results!
Root_Werks
Movin right along, looks great!
southernmost914
After work today I started on my doors. It was 5 months ago since I removed the windows and ect. NOW I KNOW! 1st the outer fuzzy track. If it is not original to the door or new, you will re-drill. I wish you good luck replacing the fuzzy into the track. 2nd install rear fuzzy track. 3rd Slide in and track the window. You must move the regulator while doing this. 4rd slide in the front "A" pillar glass and fuzzy channel. Half way down install the adjustment bolt. tighten and adjust. "OOOOh" wait I now can see that I am missing parts 914 542 173 10 and 914 542 174 10 rear window caps. I bagged and tagged every thing. They were never there. I never noticed. Now when I get them it will take me 10 minutes, but 4 hours wasted. Lets face it , it was going to easy. Gott'a to love these cars.Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Steve
rhodyguy
the clear lenses are very cool. original or tint strip? nice looking car.
914werke
the Trick to the fuzzies is since they have a metal supporting core, using NEW, to bend them gently in a soft U shape then compress them into the alum. guides. BTDT
They cost WAY to much to screw up. smile.gif
southernmost914
Interior reinstalled and A/C chill'in. I did not like the speakers in the back pad when I 1st got the car, so much so that I bought a replacement. They have grown on me so they stay for now. The speaker have a mounting pod ( like a plastic bowl) on the back to refleck the base and not be assorbed by the foam.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Tuning the carbs and final completed shots tomorrow! beerchug.gif

Steve
southernmost914
Finished project!! We all kow you are never finished with these cars. Here are some final shots of the car minus windshield wich will be here tomorrow. Then driving.gif

Steve
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

southernmost914
Two more.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
PanelBilly
What will you do with yor time now?

Time to start another car
southernmost914
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Oct 8 2008, 05:07 PM) *

What will you do with yor time now?

Time to start another car

driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif confused24.gif Oh yeh! paint the house.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.